• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Regarding exact use of Points Carried Forward (PCF) in super six stage

ssikkander

Cricket Spectator
Hi All,
I am Sidiq and working in Corporate IT company. The organization is planning to have cricket match among employee. There are 8 teams and they have grouped 4 in each Pool namely Pool A and Pool B. They have plan to follow 1999 cricket world cup rule. There is confusion among cricket committee that how to exactly use the Points Carried Forward (PCF) in super six stage. There will be separate points and run rate in Super Six level. Apart from that points and run rate to the team, how this Points Carried Forward (PCF) will help in the decision.

Thanks,
Sidiq

Sarun

U19 Debutant
I'll try to give a hand.

Teams in Super 6.

1st in Pool A = A1
2nd in Pool A = A2
3rd in Pool A = A3
Carry the points achieved in the matches between the above 3 teams in Pool A. Ignore the points achieved against the 4th placed teams.

1st in Pool B = B1
2nd in Pool B = B2
3rd in Pool B = B3
Carry the points achieved in the matches between the above 3 teams in Pool B. Ignore the points achieved against the 4th placed teams.

Add the above carried points to points achieved in below matches.
Games in Super 6.
A1 vs B2
B1 vs A2
A3 vs B3
A1 vs B3
A2 vs B2
B1 vs A3
A1 vs B1
A2 vs B3
B2 vs A3

I believe all the points (both carried points and Super 6 points) are equal in values. Net Run Rate only comes if the points are equal.