• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hated Players

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Who's attitude do you really hate in cricket? for me it has to be Akhtar he just doesnt no when to quit.

FRAZ

International Captain
jelousy is more than hate in Akhtar's case I guess.I guess all the South African team , deserves to be hated through their attitude.

iamdavid

International Debutant
FRAZ said:
jelousy is more than hate in Akhtar's case I guess.I guess all the South African team , deserves to be hated through their attitude.
Ahem
I think as a team the South African's generally have one of the better attitude's in world cricket , except for Gibbs but he's an idiot.

I have little doubt as to which team posseses the worst attitude ;)

FRAZ

International Captain
iamdavid said:
Ahem
I think as a team the South African's generally have one of the better attitude's in world cricket , except for Gibbs but he's an idiot.

I have little doubt as to which team posseses the worst attitude ;)
I know what you mean . I cant stand the criticism after wards Mr IamDavid from Canberra. just kidding .

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rik said:
Hate is such a big word. But no one riles me more than Ganguly.
You've obviously never seen Nel then.

I don't 'hate' anyone. I 'strongly dislike'.

That said, isn't this a bit of a negative thread?

deeps

International 12th Man
ganguly for sure! but yeah, i hear nel is pretty bad...although i've never seen him b4

ReallyCrazy

Banned
i dont hate anyone but the guy i dislike the most is matthew hayden. I dont like the way he bats, it lacks any grace and i think that made me not like him. he also keeps ruminating like a cow

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There's no harm in negative threads! Though I agree hate is a strong word that should be used with caution.
Personally I "hate" the love-to-hate mentality that accompanies Ganguly and Nel. I love them both. I think Nel is a brilliant bowler and Ganguly a fantastic batsman and good man-manager, if not the best tactition.
I dislike most the like of the lucky, Hayden, Gilchrist, Trescothick but I have nothing personal against any of them.
I am increasingly getting irritated at the amount of luck Sehwag is having.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Alan Donald was brilliant. Shaun Pollock is brilliant. Very good at best.
A year ago Nel's First-Class record rivalled both and I seriously think he could be as good as both. If he plays for Northants again next season I expect a bumper year.
His one-day record is phenominal, and he actually improved it in England last season. Not many bowlers do that. Pollock is one who recently has.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard said:
A year ago Nel's First-Class record rivalled both and I seriously think he could be as good as both. If he plays for Northants again next season I expect a bumper year.
His one-day record is phenominal, and he actually improved it in England last season. Not many bowlers do that. Pollock is one who recently has.
He may become as good as Donald and Pollock, but he isn't as yet. It would be foolish to say he is at this stage in his career.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Richard said:
Thats one hell of a big call , he's got the ability & the will power , its just a matter of staying fit & adjusting to the different conditions as they are encountered , certainly his improvement over the last 18 months would hint he's got it in him , but consistency is the key & its what made Pollock & Donald as bowlers.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
sorry about the over enthusiastic name of the thread. Andre Nel : way too aggressive for his own good.

IsuraE

School Boy/Girl Captain
I used to really get annoyed by Brett Lee. He seems to have one of those faces you just want to punch. Also, now Brad Williams is up there for me.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You've obviously never seen Nel then.
Oh, you'd be surprised. I have seen Nel but I found him comical instead of annoying. Ganguly just has something which winds many people up, not just myself. His attitude to most people tends to stink though. Maybe that's it?

Thelwell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Brad Williams for me - why the guy breaths in and out on a regular basis is beyond me.

Also, good old Gangers (Ganguly), hate the guy with a passion.

Nel will soon shut up once he realises he's not as good as he thinks he is. I think he feels his as good as donald and pollock now.

Bouncer

State Regular
Rik said:
Hate is such a big word. But no one riles me more than Ganguly.
I agree that guy is totaly annoying to me when he is the crease he would be scared of Fast bowling, he would get out in less than 10 balls but would act like(like hitting his bat on the ground. looking towards the TV screes, or towards the opposite teams with the look that says oh u guys are lucky that i got out otherwise......) as if he would scored atleast a hundred if were not to get out. ....
Hate is a big word, but he is only cricket i hate coz of his attitude.