• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hated Players

nibblet said:
Most hated players:

M Hayden
J Langer
R Ponting
I Harvey
B Lee
B Williams
S Warne
A Gilchrist
M Bevan
A Symonds
A Bichel
B Hogg
J Gillespie
A Caddick
M Trescosthick
A Flintoff
M Vaughan
I can see colonial players rate highly with you :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's ok, you kiwis are the laughing stock of the Commonwealth. :P

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
nibblet said:
Most hated players:

M Hayden
J Langer
R Ponting
I Harvey
B Lee
B Williams
S Warne
A Gilchrist
M Bevan
A Symonds
A Bichel
B Hogg
J Gillespie
A Caddick
M Trescosthick
A Flintoff
M Vaughan
Why don't you just name the australian state sides as well.....jeez! Typical Kiwi! *J*

On another note, I would rate New Zealand cricketers higher than English ones anyday....the Kiwi's at least gave us Aussies a run for our money 2 years ago!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Im in no way prejudiced against Sri Lankans or any cricketers, but Im not chuffed at some guy with a batting average of sod all having a laugh at the bowlers all the time... It could be classed as intimidation, and he was terrible against England....
Maybe he has a cheerful disposition, maybe he enjoys his batting time in the middle even if he isn't such a hot batsman.....glaring, swearing, cursing, abusing, physical gesturing can be called intimidation....not smiling or laughing....since he is a genuine tailender, wouldn't it be to his advantage not to provoke the bowlers....come on, surely you can understand the difference....

PY

International Coach
Everyone like a bit of pom-bashing. :rolleyes:

*whistles the 'World In Union' very loudly*

:saint:

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
orangepitch said:
1 billion+ and counting....:lol:
I don't think a country with a population that high is a very funny thing at all...

Anyway, my "disliked" players are:

Sehwag - how many runs does he score from big, fat, aerial edges in the slip region? :!(
Butler - for being extremely overrated. Not his fault though.
McGrath - a w****r, IMO. Great bowler though!
Ganguly - bad attitude and arrogance. Lack of respect for his opposition.
Cronje - so what if he's dead, a cheat through and through (and that isn't completely related to match fixing).
Gillespie - entirely for his silly haircut :lol:

Now, how about a thread on fave players? :D

scud101

Cricket Spectator
Glenn McGrath.

I admire his abilities, but hate his hostile attitude.

Second to McGrath comes Michael Slater. ****y and arrogant, but he hasn't played at the international level in quite a while.

One thing is for sure, the country where both those players come from tells you something :P

Deja moo

International Captain
I don't think a country with a population that high is a very funny thing at all...

Depends on which way one looks at things:rolleyes:

Anyway, my "disliked" players are:

Sehwag - how many runs does he score from big, fat, aerial edges in the slip region?
Butler - for being extremely overrated. Not his fault though.
McGrath - a w****r, IMO. Great bowler though!
Ganguly - bad attitude and arrogance. Lack of respect for his opposition.
Cronje - so what if he's dead, a cheat through and through (and that isn't completely related to match fixing).
Gillespie - entirely for his silly haircut
sehwag plays those shots intetionally, those are not big fat edges......edges come from the "edge" of the bat, those shots were well and truly from the face of the bat...

I dont think Butler is over rated. In fact , this is the first time in a very long time , I've heard his name mentioned in the forum.

Ganguly respects his oppposition. He just chooses not to show it openly.No different from Steve Waughs ' mental disintegration". maybe Steve Waugh should be the hated one ?

agree completely about Cronje.

Gillespie.....like the haircut kinda, nedd different looking players in the game. rarely see any players with moustaches nowadays:(

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
orangepitch said:
I dont think Butler is over rated. In fact , this is the first time in a very long time , I've heard his name mentioned in the forum.
Certainly if you live in NZ and have the slightest interest in cricket you hear his name all the time. People are weirdly enthusiastic about him simply because he's quick. Too bad he can't bowl anything but short and wide... trust me, the man is overrated. Once again, not his own fault.

Hero_Don

School Boy/Girl Captain
Armadillo said:
Who's attitude do you really hate in cricket? for me it has to be Akhtar he just doesnt no when to quit.
Yeah, I agree.
The Pakistanis are complete ********s

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
yeah well bradman was an ass! halseys related to him thats how i know. but only akhtar has a bad attitude not the rest of the pakistanis

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Gladly,

Halsey, you are so much of an ass that through your transferred genes bradman must have been an ass,

do i make myself perfectly clear?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hard Harry said:
Sehwag - how many runs does he score from big, fat, aerial edges in the slip region? :!(
Nowhere near as many as he wouldn't score but for dropped catches!:!(