• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hated Players

LankanPrince

School Boy/Girl Captain
Langeveldt said:
ahh good thread :D

1. Muttiah Muralitharan (Regardless of his action which has been done to death here, he comes across as a bit of a t*** generally)

2. Saurav Ganguly

3. Brad Williams

Ill think of some more later, especially if WI manage to beat SA lol...

Hmm, T*** is quite a harsh word to describe someone you don't know very much about. How has Murali ever come across like this? At most he is a little eccentric, but whats wrong with that? He a little different to your average cricketer and he definitely brightens the game up with his competitive but friendly nature. It is competely unfair to label him a T*** or whatever that is. I would love to know where you got this idea from, pleeeeease tell me?:!(

FRAZ

International Captain
LankanPrince said:
Hmm, T*** is quite a harsh word to describe someone you don't know very much about. How has Murali ever come across like this? At most he is a little eccentric, but whats wrong with that? He a little different to your average cricketer and he definitely brightens the game up with his competitive but friendly nature. It is competely unfair to label him a T*** or whatever that is. I would love to know where you got this idea from, pleeeeease tell me?:!(
T***.. Hell no ... :D

Deja moo

International Captain
Graeme Smith

Ponting:)

Gibbs

Symonds

As for those who hate Ganguly.....#$%@ off....there are a billion people here who adore him....

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
orangepitch said:
Graeme Smith

Gibbs

Symonds

As for those who hate Ganguly.....#$%@ off....there are a billion people here who adore him....
Indeed, I'm sure that Smith, Gibbs, Ponting and Symonds all have their fair share of adoration too.

FRAZ

International Captain
orangepitch said:
Graeme Smith

Gibbs

Symonds

hOW MUCH IS THE POPULATION OF INDIA????.

bennyr

U19 12th Man
I think Shane Warne has a very high opinion of Shane Warne, but he doesn't annoy me as much as Boycott did.

I think as a general rule those players who pick and choose when they want to represent their country annoy me more than anything else.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sunny Gavaskar, Ajit Agarkar, Michael Slater, Steve Waugh, Naseer Hussain, Stephen Fleming.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
bennyr said:
I think Shane Warne has a very high opinion of Shane Warne, but he doesn't annoy me as much as Boycott did.

I think as a general rule those players who pick and choose when they want to represent their country annoy me more than anything else.
Well, then, you won't like many cricketers!
Anyone is entitled to a break sometimes with the amount of international cricket played ATM.

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
bennyr said:
Actually, Shane Warne is one of the more modest cricketers around.

bennyr

U19 12th Man
Richard said:
Well, then, you won't like many cricketers!
Anyone is entitled to a break sometimes with the amound of international cricket played ATM.
Let me clarify...

I have no problem with a player taking a break for a match or two to rest.

I just hate players that decide they won't play on certain tours because they don't want to or they have lucrative foreign first class contracts.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Disrespect for the game/his opposition?
What???:O :O :O

Talk about prejudice! The guy just can't do anything right, can he? How can a smiling face be regarded as a disrespectful one?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
bennyr said:
Let me clarify...

I have no problem with a player taking a break for a match or two to rest.

I just hate players that decide they won't play on certain tours because they don't want to or they have lucrative foreign first class contracts.
That doesn't happen that much.
Hayward was a recent example, but he signed the contract because he got in one of his customary strops and vowed he'd never play for SA again.
But in the old days picking and choosing tours wasn't unusual by any streatch of the imagination.

nibbs

International Captain
Most hated players:

M Hayden
J Langer
R Ponting
I Harvey
B Lee
B Williams
S Warne
A Gilchrist
M Bevan
A Symonds
A Bichel
B Hogg
J Gillespie
A Caddick
M Trescosthick
A Flintoff
M Vaughan

Langeveldt

Soutie
anilramavarma said:
What???:O :O :O

Talk about prejudice! The guy just can't do anything right, can he? How can a smiling face be regarded as a disrespectful one?
Im in no way prejudiced against Sri Lankans or any cricketers, but Im not chuffed at some guy with a batting average of sod all having a laugh at the bowlers all the time... It could be classed as intimidation, and he was terrible against England....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
C'mon Rich... this is one of the worst arguments I've heard since "India will win the World Cup because Ganguly is left handed".

No Smiling allowed in International Cricket!

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think its quite a valid argument, he certainly did enough to wind the Englishmen up to breaking point... I know im pretty much alone in not respecting Murali, so any comments on the other cricketers!? :D