• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hated Players

maximoose

Cricket Spectator
'I agree that guy is totaly annoying to me when he is the crease he would be scared of Fast bowling,'

since when? i thought he proved that he ain't in the test series

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Well I guess the word hate may be a little bit harsh to a player you may not agree with or like.

Though I would strongly like to use the word hate in that I hate players who match fixed cricket games.

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Most disliked player: Shane Warne. I can't stand him.

*waits for the warney fanatics to shoot me down*

THE LORD OF THE SPIN
"The Return of the King"
Staring Shane Warne, Premieres February 10th

THE LORD OF THE PACE
"The Return of the King"
Staring Glenn McGrath, Premieres February 9th

I can't wait for Warnie (despite what you think about him) & McGrath to be back in the Australian team :D

Bouncer

State Regular
maximoose said:
'I agree that guy is totaly annoying to me when he is the crease he would be scared of Fast bowling,'

since when? i thought he proved that he ain't in the test series
well this series has came after 7 years of playing international cricket. i guess the best way of judging his ability would be in a month from now, against shoaib and sami even though the odds are in gangualy's favor.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil Pickup said:
Some things you just ignore and allow to wallow in their own inadequacies.

Like the West Indian bowling lineup ;)
Ignore? Are the English not good enough to hazard playing them? :P

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Im sorry Im sorryIm sorryIm sorryIm sorryIm sorryIm sorryIm sorryIm sorryIm sorryIm sorryIm sorryIm sorryIm sorryIm sorryIm sorryIm sorryIm sorryIm sorryIm sorryIm sorryIm sorryIm sorryIm sorryIm sorry for using the word hate so stop taking it out on me!:( :( :( :(

Thelwell said:
Brad Williams for me - why the guy breaths in and out on a regular basis is beyond me.
Oh I'm sorry, I've been under the impression all my years that if we don't breathe on a regular basis we, well... Die.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Ignore? Are the English not good enough to hazard playing them? :P
Ignore as in not worry about whatsoever because they will be cannon fodder 8D

And Armadillo - apostrophe in I'm, and space after sorry... :cool2:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
Ignore as in not worry about whatsoever because they will be cannon fodder 8D
Thus making the subsequent English batting display seem all the more atrocious.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I may be creating a few enemies among the Aussies but I have to say I hate Steve Waugh.. would go any length to win a game.. not what I call cricket. Maybe I am just biased against him but thats the way it is. I like the fact that he is doing the charities et all but his attitude on field was not some thing I used to like.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
Whose side is the misplaced confidence on? Any neutrals?

Both sides? ;)
Lol. Indeed. That said, my misplaced confidence is accompanied by a measure of sense. ;)

ND_fan

Cricket Spectator
Brad Williams, Craig McMillan, Chris Cairns, Nasser Husain, Sourav Ganguly. IMO all far too full of themselves.

FRAZ

International Captain
Sourav is supposed to be like that cuz he has too face one of the worst sports relating media criticsm back home . Sourav is a good person and a good captain any one agrees ?

Slow Love™

International Captain
The only cricketer I would say I've ever come close to "hating" would be Arjuna Ranatunga. No idea of sportsmanship, brought the game into disrepute, manhandled umpires, always asked for a runner at the earliest opportunity, and to cap it all off, he beats up schoolboys. Nobody else comes close.

Some of Ganguly's time-wasting and concentration-breaking tactics can get on my nerves, but it's all part of the game, and it's nothing worse than Ian Chappell would have done.