• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hated Players

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Strauss sounds about as English as a plate of chicken foo-yong... When did he move?
The family moved - via Melbourne - to England when Strauss was 6.
Unlike all the other South African-English cricketers, not a trace of accent or sentiment remains.

Legglancer

State Regular
Langeveldt said:
Im in no way prejudiced against Sri Lankans or any cricketers, but Im not chuffed at some guy with a batting average of sod all having a laugh at the bowlers all the time... It could be classed as intimidation, and he was terrible against England....

One of the crappiest arguments I have ever heard ...... I think Rich hates murali because Murali flat batted Donald (Rich's Hero) over his head for Six !!! :D :D :D

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
Tino Best for me. Well I dont 'hate' him, I just dislike him with passion. He's one ****y little booger.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
shoot_me said:
Tino Best for me. Well I dont 'hate' him, I just dislike him with passion. He's one ****y little booger.
I thought he had 'character' - but I'm rapidly changing that to 'is a prat'. His run-ins with authority don't exactly endear Best to umpires - the latest beamer incident is just the latest in an ever'growing line. He'll soon be that throwback to yesteryear - the Amateur Cricketer - because he seems to lose much of his match fee quite regularly now.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've disliked Best intensely ever since I realised the regularity with which he bowled Beamers and come to the conclusion that they cannot possibly all be accidental.
The Lloyd 2002 incident was merely the beginning and I've never interpreted it for a second as "character".

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Hated players:

1) Kyle Mills - Worst. Bowler. Ever. Bad hairstyle does't help either.
2) Craig McMillan - Useless batsman, not helped by a brain the size of a pea.
3) Chris Harris - Used to be a favourite, now he's just crap.
4) Glenn McGrath - He has slid down (or up?) the rankings in the last year or so though
5) Shane Warne

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Langeveldt said:
Pietersen actually strikes me as being more "Aussie" than English... (No offence Aussies)

I'd love to tell that to his face
he strikes me of being more tw*t than anything.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I hate people who hate people for no apparent reason, especially when they admit it's for no apparent reason. 8-)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Legglancer said:
One of the crappiest arguments I have ever heard ...... I think Rich hates murali because Murali flat batted Donald (Rich's Hero) over his head for Six !!! :D :D :D
Good call, I'll bare that in mind :D

Chubb

International Regular
I hate Peter Roebuck. And it has nothing to do with the Garner/ Botham/ Richards thing, I've never supported Somerset. I simply find him to be a loathsome little creep.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Chubb said:
I hate Peter Roebuck. And it has nothing to do with the Garner/ Botham/ Richards thing, I've never supported Somerset. I simply find him to be a loathsome little creep.
And being a childbeater doesn't really help..