• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do think of these new rule rumours?

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Have you heard the rumour that the ICC are thinking about changing the rules about boundarys?

NO! I have!

Well what they are planing to do is to make the rule, over the boundary...

ON THE FULL: 6 runs
ON THE BOUNCE (1 bounce): 5 runs
MORE THAN 1 BOUNCE: 4 runs

What do think about it?
Personally I think it is a cool idea...

Please don't ask where I got this information because my source said it was classified

[Edited on 6/16/02 by Paid The Umpire]

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Would make it interesting however I don't see it happening as the 2000 Code has only just come in and it's hard enough to get umpires trained on it!!

[Edited on 6/18/02 by Eyes_Only]

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Have you heard the rumour that the ICC are thinking about changing the rules about boundarys?

NO! I have!

Well what they are planing to do is to make the rule, over the boundary...

ON THE FULL: 6 runs
ON THE BOUNCE (1 bounce): 5 runs
MORE THAN 1 BOUNCE: 4 runs

What do think about it?
Personally I think it is a cool idea...

Please don't ask where I got this information because my source said it was classified

[Edited on 6/16/02 by Paid The Umpire]
Source said it was classified - yeah right - that is the biggest pile of tosh I've seen ever - would never happen.

MrPerko

School Boy/Girl Captain
You'd get rewarded for hitting the ball in the air with the possibility of being caught, and still only four for hitting an extraordinary cover or square drive all the way along the ground....

makes no sense...

Kimbo

International Debutant
Yea I'm with mrPerko... encouraging risktaking would be silly. It would probably decrease the standard of batting, in tests also as top batters focus more on the big slog.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Cheers for doing mine and the other mods' jobs for us there Reuben :D.

But yeah, completely and totally pointless idea.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Just asking Paid, where did you hear these rumours? Or have you just made them up to wind us all up?

(If it's the latter, I think you've succeeded on some counts..)

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
I have a source at the ACB.

OK, I lie it was my Dad's idea, it was a rule we made up for backyard cricket.

It would be a good rule in One-day games, as they have become boring between overs 15 and 40. It would give the batsmen a reason to play aggressive.

Paid.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
lol just to add that even if it was a real rule it would have sucked a real lot,, too bad i cant swear :P ur lucky paid :P