• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How would you run the ICC?

BigBrother

U19 12th Man
First thing I would do is get rid of whoever the hell is behind the let's get rid of Associates move in WC. Don't get take the "World" out of World Cups for ffs.

It then becomes just another ODI tournament and is taking backward steps in the spread/development of the game.

Last edited:

jan

State Vice-Captain
Im thinking I would:

set up an affiliate tier nations World Cup
introduce quota for compulsory number of locals (however tricky it may be to define such a term) on affiliate teams
somehow make (a season) of coaching in an affiliate country compulsory part of obtaining coaching badges for people from traditional cricket countries. Would that work?
introduce a legal streaming option for watching ICC sanctioned cricket in decent resolution for a reasonable fee

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Yeah because of the way they sell licensing to pay TV companies guaranteeing exclusive rights. Still ****ing stupid how if I want to watch live cricket legally I have to buy 50 useless channels which I'll never watch. **** that.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
If the ICC and the Pay TV companies were prepared to sit down and negotiate, with both sides not being greedy (I know LOL) I can't for the life of me see why they couldn't come up with a compromise allowing the ICC to run live streaming.

Naturally the ICC would have to take a hit in pay TV revenue but only by what they would make themselves selling their own broadcast service.

I also don't honestly think there would be huge numbers around the world that would subscribe to pay TV purely for cricket only. So I don't think if the ICC did sell their own broadcasts that there would be a mass exodus of pay TV customers.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I do hope you're right. Companies just seem to be a bit slow on the uptake about this new internet thing.
Yeah, and that's why it ****s me when you hear these people crying about piracy and I have no moral dilemma at all using illegal streams for my cricket. Like you there is no ****ing way I am paying AUD $50+ per month for 40 channels of ****e that I'll never watch........and why should we??

Give us a fair and reasonable legal alternative and I'm sure we'd pay for it. Personally I'd be more than happy to pay AUD$20 per month to the ICC for a legal, decent quality stream.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha I must not be the only one who thinks that 73 match would've been far more interesting as a 5 day game.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
What from the creators of domestic t20 cricket?

They'll probably introduce this internationally and then make county cricket 5 day and stick with 50 over cricket(which only last year moved back from 40 over cricket).

I like both suggestions given the constraints on peoples time these days and the need to keep cricket attractive to casual fans. 40 over cricket worked very well in England. 50 overs is a long time for the social watcher and has a decent amount of down time.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If the ICC and the Pay TV companies were prepared to sit down and negotiate, with both sides not being greedy (I know LOL) I can't for the life of me see why they couldn't come up with a compromise allowing the ICC to run live streaming.

Naturally the ICC would have to take a hit in pay TV revenue but only by what they would make themselves selling their own broadcast service.

I also don't honestly think there would be huge numbers around the world that would subscribe to pay TV purely for cricket only. So I don't think if the ICC did sell their own broadcasts that there would be a mass exodus of pay TV customers.
Boards make a lot of £$£ from owning their own rights though, unless I am missing the point

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mandate pro-wrestling style entrances for batsmen. Pyrotechnics and everything. I don't care if it takes five minutes, would love to see Kane Williamson enter with dimmed lights and The Game play at full volume.