• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in The West Indies

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
**Official** The West Indies in England

With England touring the West Indies and the WIndies touring England I started the thread about 2 mounths before the first tour.

EDIT: After a 3-0 victory The West Indies come to England

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
jamee999 said:
With England touring the West Indies and the WIndies touring England I started the thread about 2 mounths before the first tour.
2 months being the operative phrase - what is the point in starting these threads so early, and then calling them official?!

It must at this rate be time to start the World Cup 2007 forum soon.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc, I ask you this question again, given that you ignored it last time:
Harmison is in the squad. The wickets are likely to offer nothing to any conventional bowlers (ie seam, turn, uneven bounce). West Indies have plenty of good batsmen. The reason you have given for forgiving his poor performances for the most part against Australia and South Africa is that the wickets were good for batting and the batting was good.
Will this be the same if the same happens in West Indies?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I don't remember being asked this question directly, but what I will say is what I've always said regarding him - when he's performing better than the rest of the bowlers, I do not see why his is the first name on the list of people for the chop.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
IMO both the England and West Indies bowling attacks will be a lot better than they have been of late if all concerned are fully fit.

I see runs for Sarwan in the series. Not too sure about Lara...

twctopcat

International Regular
Gut feelings don't always explain lapses in form for the greatest batsman in the world, wouldn't complain if that gut feeling came true though!:)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I hope we see runs for good batsmen (the most for the best) and good figures for good bowlers.
So, who's going to be getting the good figures, then...?

Any suggestions?

And as for Harmison, if he averages 80 in the WI Tests and Anderson and the rest average 90, will you seriously still call for his retention?

Mr Mxyzptlk

twctopcat said:
And i thought this was cricketweb.net, not grammarweb.net. There's alot of this correction stuff flying about!:P
The key is to ignore Neil and his minions.

PY

International Coach
twctopcat said:
And i thought this was cricketweb.net, not grammarweb.net. There's alot of this correction stuff flying about!:P
Neil's got it into his ginger nut that the world needs to be rid of all excess apostophe's (;)) and therefore he points them out at every opportunity.

Bit sad really :P

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
And as for Harmison, if he averages 80 in the WI Tests and Anderson and the rest average 90, will you seriously still call for his retention?
That is not what I have ever said.

I questioned why his is the first name called for when others are performing worse.

Langeveldt

Soutie
My picks :D

+ Good performances!

MP Vaughan
MA Butcher
ME Trescothick
BC Lara
S Chanderpaul
R Sarwan
ARF Giles
R Johnson

- Poor Performances!

N Hussain
D Ganga
Dwayne Smith
S Harmison
J Anderson
F Edwards
C Gayle

Mr Mxyzptlk

Langeveldt said:
My picks :D

+ Good performances!

MP Vaughan
MA Butcher
ME Trescothick
BC Lara
S Chanderpaul
R Sarwan
ARF Giles
R Johnson

- Poor Performances!

N Hussain
D Ganga
Dwayne Smith
S Harmison
J Anderson
F Edwards
C Gayle
I don't think Ganga (and possibly Smith) will play.

I think Edwards may do better with the rest he's getting now. Also, you'd hope Gayle doesn't do well. :P

PY

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
+ Good performances!

MP Vaughan
MA Butcher
ME Trescothick
BC Lara
S Chanderpaul
R Sarwan
ARF Giles
R Johnson
We're not surprisingly a bit top-heavy on the batting side aren't we?