• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dammit ....when will the revival happen ?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
All it takes is for the next ATG to appear for a team to rally around. Considering the Windies history, they will produce one.
Haha, yes, there are so many factors that strongly indicate that this is extremely likely to happen.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I didn't think Basketball was that big in WI. Figured soccer/track and field were the big things now. People still play cricket, depends which islands we are discussing. Main problem is the infrastructure hasn't changed/got worse since the 80s, the sport has stood still there, while other countries made huge improvements. Quality of WI pitches are just ahead of Zimbabwe, that tells you everything you need to know. There's no burning desire to dominate now either, and the 'west indies' as a nation comes second to the various island allegiances.

Anyway, this thread has been done a million times.

Last edited:

ImpatientLime

International Regular
All it takes is for the next ATG to appear for a team to rally around. Considering the Windies history, they will produce one.
the last one came through 21 years ago, so i think it's fair to say that recent history is dead against them.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not to mention the fact that their infrastructure, facilities and so on (as has repeatedly been pointed out) are totally inadequate for producing players of anything other than an utterly mediocre standard.

I do love the attitude/assumption that ATGs just grow on trees and magically appear though.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, CC is really amazing. Take it away and replace it with rubbish infrastructure like WIs and England will rapidly slide down to their standards.

Beamer

I think Kraigg Braithwaite will be key as a future leader. If he can covert from a very good young batsman to an absolute gun it will make a huge difference to our team.

He just scored two centuries in a match against Guyana to bring his tally up to 12 centuries in 71 matches. He averages 44 and nearly has 5000 FC runs. If it wasn't for his struggles in test cricket at age 18 that average in FC cricket would be well over 50. That is remarkable considering many of the pitches our domestic cricket is played on.

All that at age 22. There is going to be an awful lot of pressure on his shoulders. I hope he can handle it.

Beamer

Let's hope he doesn't do an Adrian Barath
He is nowhere near as physically talented as Barath, who remains an enormous dissapointment. Thankfully, he is so mentally strong and that is a huge part of the battle. I very much doubt he will be anything other than an excellent test batsman.

Beamer

Driving various flash cars around Port of Spain last I heard.

He just appears to have completely lost the will to be a top cricketer. Made too much money too early and doesn't seem to have the work ethic to put it right. I hope I'm wrong because he has a ridiculous amount of talent. He was a far better batsman than Darren Bravo up until aged 20.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember watching that hundred Barath scored on debut and being amazed how someone can be that good as a teenager. So disappointing that he's lost his way.