• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

U-23 Batsmen Watch/Prediction/Gloat when they succeed Thread

SeamUp

International Coach
SA

Quinton de Kock (22)
Theunis de Bruyn (22)

THE TWO GUNS

David White (23)
Gihahn Cloete (22)
Aiden Markram (20)
Ryan Rickelton (18)
Clyde Fortuin (wk) (19)

HAVE THE POTENTIAL. White & Cloete are longer version players but need to put up better numbers in franchise cricket still. The other 3 need to break into franchise cricket but have the pedigree with SA u19 and highly thought of.

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Shai Hope scored his first FC hundred today against T & T (111). Beautiful innings by all accounts. Keep it up youngster.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I am not really rooting for him since I don't think he will turn out to be a test player - but I think Seifert is a certainty to make the ODI side within the next 4 years

He is 20

cnerd123

likes this
19 year old Shreyas Iyer has played for India U-19, bats at 3 for Mumbai, and averages 50 in Ranji and List A stuff. He has also just been bought for 2.6 crores ($400,000 USD) by Delhi Daredevils.

Someone to keep an eye on perhaps.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Alex Lees is the one for England. Looks class and is still only 21. Has a chance of making the tour to WI after the World Cup depending on how many players we rest if we go a long way.

cnerd123

likes this
Whos that random spinner that went for millions?
Turns out the mystery spinner Kishan Cariappa is actually only 20 years old, and has risen to prominence through the Karnataka local T20 league.

Who is KC Cariappa, the mystery spinner snapped up by KKR for Rs2.4 crore - Livemint

"From what we know of Cariappa, his bowling action has been likened to similar mystery spinners like Ajantha Mendis of Sri Lanka and Sunil Narine of the West Indies. His bowling arsenal includes a sharp carrom ball, a back of the hand googly and according to his team-mates, has recently developed an off-spinner"

He has also played for Karnataka U-19s. Karnataka are the strongest side in Ranji ATM, and are a pretty difficult team to break in to.

Should be interesting to see him in action, especially given the BCCIs intention on clamping down on suspect actions.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Zimbabwe

Your move, PEWS
A lot of the good youth cricketers from Zimbabwe use the fact that they're good youth cricketers to get the **** out of Zimbabwe. Malcolm Lake the most recent case.

Brian Chari recently made his Test debut... I've never seen much in him really but he's still quite young and he has a good defensive base. Ryan Burl (20yo, captained the Under 19s last year with personal success) seems to have stuck around long enough to play domestic cricket, so you can throw him on the list but I'd be surprised if he stuck around much longer. Roy Kaia debuted domestically when he was still a baby and is having his first decent season now at 23 years old; Kudzai Sauramba is a decent young keeper/batsman; and Joe Gumbie has wraps on him despite not actually doing anything of note yet. Jongwe randomly played a couple of Tests under CrazyCoach too, and he batted 6-7 in them but he's more of a bowler. It was only 18 months ago he was batting 10 in the Logan Cup. Peter Moor falls just outside this as he's 24 but he's probably a big part of Zimbabwe's future too despite also not really having done much at all yet.

The biggest hope is Kevin Kasuza though, who burst onto the domestic scene as a 17 year old with some good scores batting in the top 3. He's 20 now.

Beamer

Shai Hope scored his maiden double hundred yesterday against a really solid Windward Islands attack. He played Shane Shillingford really well. Really good signs, I hope he gets lots of A team cricket this year, we desperately need a young middle order batsman to come through.

Flem274*

123/5
Standing by CD gun Will Young. Slowly getting nore consistent and has a test technique. Backing CD players is notoriously dosgy but when my team produces we ****ing produce (Taylor, Ryder, Oram, Smithy, Congdon etc)

morgieb

Bump.

Interested to see any updates.

Pretty excited about Heazlett, for Australia's POV.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Can see Ed Nutall having a long and successful ODI career for NZ. Will probably struggle to get much test match time though unless Trent Boult gets injured again.

Oh and early days but here's hoping that Christian Leopard comes good, purely because of his name.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Can see Ed Nutall having a long and successful ODI career for NZ. Will probably struggle to get much test match time though unless Trent Boult gets injured again.

Oh and early days but here's hoping that Christian Leopard comes good, purely because of his name.
bats

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Carter and Mitchell have overwhelmingly played like crap since this thread was started. Carter is slowly re-finding his feet; hit a ton for ND-A the other day, while Mitchell wasn't far away from getting dropped before slamming his engine room ton in the Ford.

testcricketer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Colin ackerman from the warriords looks decent and russie van der dussen an opener from the lions is(26), so he doesnt really count, but i reckon if he keeps performing in the sunfoil series, than he could find himself in contention to open for south africa, particularly as stiaans struggling and stephen cook is old

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This reminds me to follow the CK Nayudu Trophy happening right now, with the state U23 teams playing. Quarters begin on 10 Feb. The first game saw Baroda's Mrunal Devdhar and Navneet Singh have a 2nd wicket partnership of 535 runs against Delhi. Haven't followed since then. Always bugs me that Mumbai and Maharashtra have separate teams though.

Daemon

Same with Baroda and Gujarat. Some cities are just better than others tbh #MumbaiIndians

The Battlers Prince

Jake Lehman - already putting big numbers up and obviously comes from a good family. Hopefully he gets a run earlier than his dad did.