• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup 2007 format

FRAZ

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Nothing like a good over-reaction, Fraz..

I'd think.
What Neil . I am absolutely right about what I said . I hate this cancellation of tours. And like some countries who are gonna promise another country that visit us and we ll visit you next month . and making millions then denying to go to play in theirs. Then jumping like monkeys in the media that we are not playing because there is a disputed territory where terrorism is going on for 55 years and we remember this thing now . And we will play but just on neutral venue.(Its not BS now its the fact ).And again when they see so many multinational companies and sponsorship with their watery tounges out of their mouth then they are again gonna accept to tour .
If ICC finds one country which is unsuitable to tour to then just ban that country dont just give them mental tortures . Just kill them dont slow poison them . What is this promotion of cricket or elimination of some good cricket playing nations. My comments are not pointing towards any race its towards the Cricket boards and usuall media racism crap..

Deja moo

International Captain
What Neil . I am absolutely right about what I said . I hate this cancellation of tours. And like some countries who are gonna promise another country that visit us and we ll visit you next month . and making millions then denying to go to play in theirs. Then jumping like monkeys in the media that we are not playing because there is a disputed territory where terrorism is going on for 55 years and we remember this thing now . And we will play but just on neutral venue.(Its not BS now its the fact ).And again when they see so many multinational companies and sponsorship with their watery tounges out of their mouth then they are again gonna accept to tour .

Laughs out loud at Fraz:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bennyr

U19 12th Man
Sorry to interrupt all this lovely flaming, but I reckon that the ICC have absolutely nailed the best format for a cricket world cup.

The format has it all - exposure for a larger number of teams for the games expansion (absolutely vital for the long term), but keeping the vast majority of games relevant to the competition. If Neil's suggestion for seeding is adopted (and there is no reason to suggest it won't), it will make for the perfect World Cup.

I just read that the Super Eight schedule will be mapped out for each of the top eight teams prior to the commencement of the competition, and if one of the minnows should win through to the Super Eight, they will then take the schedule of the team that did not win through. Doesn't make any difference to the competition as all Super Eight teams will play each other, but it gives us more time to plan our viewing schedules. I like it.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
What do people think about my format.

16 teams 35 matches a month long tournament.

Least number of matches you can play is 4.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
bennyr said:
I just read that the Super Eight schedule will be mapped out for each of the top eight teams prior to the commencement of the competition, and if one of the minnows should win through to the Super Eight, they will then take the schedule of the team that did not win through.
That's technically what happened in the last World Cup - but with groups of 7 it was harder to guess who will end up where (and indeed who won't even get through!)

This is still not going to be that accutrate to predict since the positioning of the top 2 of each Group will basically come down to 1 match.

Craig

World Traveller
jamee999 said:
What do people think about my format.

16 teams 35 matches a month long tournament.

Least number of matches you can play is 4.
Pretty good.

bennyr

U19 12th Man
marc71178 said:

This is still not going to be that accutrate to predict since the positioning of the top 2 of each Group will basically come down to 1 match.
My understanding of it is that regardless of where the sides finish in their group (first or second) they will still have the same schedule in the super eight.

So if the schedule is such that England were to play Australia in the first super eight match, it would not matter if either finished first or second, they would still meet in the scheduled match. But if Kenya were to displace Australia in the super eights, they would then take Australia's Super Eight schedule.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think the format is good (better than before anyway), but I love jamee's idea. That would give the minnows games and exposure, but they wouldnt be so mismatched. Zimbabwe and Bangladesh could also get into the "winning habit" which has all thats been needed in the a few recent games for them (Ban v pak tests, Zim v Ind ODIs, ZIm v WI Tests and ODIs)