• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup 2015 Preview: Pakistan

Positives:
They are not expected to achieve great things and the pressure of expectations is truly absent. They have some x-factor players. History, however tenuous its connection with this squad, is on their side. They have Misbah. They have Shahid Afridi.

Negatives:
Without Saeed Ajmal their bowling lacks a control + strike option. Their pace attack is very inexperienced. Their fielding is likely the worst, matched by West Indies to an extent. This squad has almost zero experience in Australian conditions. Their batting can't set a 250+ target and can't chase 200+.

Players to Watch:
Ahmed Shehzad
Misbah ul Haq
Shahid Afridi

Group Stage Predictions:
Lose vs India
Win vs West Indies
Win vs Zimbabwe
Win vs UAE
Lose vs South Africa
Win vs Ireland

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Wrong forum for this - we have a world cup forum you may like to check out.

In response to your thread

I think my ranking of teams is
Australia
SA
some gap
Blackcaps
Another gap
Every other top eight team

I think Pakistan have a chance of getting into the semi final. That said I would bet 10 to 1 against them winning the semi.

I don't quite know why Afridi is rated so low as a batsman. I think Pak should have him higher up the order. He seems to be a very intelligent batsman despite being a slogger.

I would be surprised if Akmal scores any runs he doesn't seem to be thinking clearly at the crease atm.

Last edited: