• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best player to play only one Test?

Craig

World Traveller
1, Stuart Law - scored 54* and got left out and never played again

2, Andy Ganteaume who scored 112 on Test debut for the WI (he's from T&T) and never played Test cricket. Apprantly he was too slow.

3, Rod Redmond of NZ who played one Test and scored a 100 and 50 in his first Test and never played Test cricket again.

I put Law in there as we know he wont play Test cricket again.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
yeah.Rodney Redmond had amazing promise...

I beleive he had problems with his eyes.Didn't like glasses,so got contact lenses.Had problems with them to,and left the NZ side.I think (THINK)he playerd a couple more seasons with wellington,but after that,just disappeared.

Mia 911

Cricket Spectator
Craig said:
1, Stuart Law - scored 54* and got left out and never played again

2, Andy Ganteaume who scored 112 on Test debut for the WI (he's from T&T) and never played Test cricket. Apprantly he was too slow.

3, Rod Redmond of NZ who played one Test and scored a 100 and 50 in his first Test and never played Test cricket again.

I put Law in there as we know he wont play Test cricket again.

PARTHIV PATELS MY FAVOURITE!!!:saint:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stuart Law wins hands down.

Not only would he have played 100+ tests for most other nations he would have captained them aswell.

anzac

International Debutant
best player based upon what criteria???????

the single Test or their playing career??????

if Test = Redmond (after all Vincent has managed to make a career out a similar start until now);

if career then Law...........

to top it all off wasn't Redmond opening bat & 'keeper?????

8D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I must question how people are certain Law would've played 100 Tests for any other International side.

Who's to say he wouldn't have been a complete flop?!

Salamuddin

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
I must question how people are certain Law would've played 100 Tests for any other International side.

For once I am in agreement with Mr Robbins.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd go for Law, loads of runs, great average. Not saying he'd be a success, but just by pure talent and record I think he's the best player to only play one Test.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:

I find it equally strange that people can talk so certainly.
I think he might have done, and I don't really know much about Redmond or anyone else, so I'd go for him, a brilliant player and I'm very glad he proved his early-season critics wrong.
I'd be very glad if he'd been English. But I don't think it's certain he'd have played 100 Tests.

Craig

World Traveller
I would of put Adam dale in their but he only playe dtwo Tests. He would of have a long Test career with England IMO, especially at Headingly.