• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammed Amir cleared to return with immediate effect

91Jmay

International Coach
I am glad he is back in the game, if you ban him for life there is much less chance players will grass on someone who they might regard as a mate. Harsh punishments don't often reduce crimes.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If you ban him for life you set out the clear message that it's wrong.

Slap on the wrist then fast tracking him back after he, let us not forget, flouted the terms of his ban does not send out that message.

Burner

International Regular
He was banned for what? 5 years? That's not a slap on the wrist, that's a pretty large sanction for a sportsman. For many, that would in itself mean that you never play the game at a national level anymore anyway.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Relative to the crime it is a slap on the wrist though.

If a solicitor or accountant was caught doing something that was the equivalent they'd be barred for life.

Last edited:

Burner

International Regular
You are probably right to think that he should have been banned for life, a part of me thinks so as well.. But after all the ****storm that has been going on during this period of his supposed return, with his team-mates reprimanding him, him allegedly breaking down in front of them, the same team-mates then saying that they forgive him, Pakistan supporters asking for the heads to roll of the said team-mates because they aren't as talented as Amir etc. After all this, I can't but root for his return in the NZ series just to see how the things unfold. These are exciting times.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Relative to the crime it is a slap on the wrist though.

If a solicitor or accountant was caught doing something that was the equivalent they'd be barred for life.
relative to the crime? LOL. cricketers retire at 30 not 60 like an accountant you daft sunnuva

he lost half his career over this. punishment fits the crime.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
He has committed the most heinous of crimes relative to his profession. Anything less the a lifetime ban is a slap on the wrist.

Sorry, should I add a few lols into my posts so that it comes down to your level of comprehension?

mr_mister

stop being such a grumpy bastard please

edit - also you're wrong. match fixing is worse than spot fixing

Last edited:

mr_mister

if he's gonna use completely OTT words like 'heinous crimes' in regards to a bloody sport then we're allowed to split hairs on match-fixing and spot-fixing. Not the same thing