• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammed Amir cleared to return with immediate effect

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't they just let him tour and play with a special police ****** or something? If he's that good it would be worth it. I know I'd rather have him tour Australia if he'd make the team stronger than have a Pakistan team tour without him,

smash84

The Tiger King
there's no way he's not coming back into the team now. Especially with our druggie leggie out of action for a few years.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The four best Pakistani bowlers of this generation

Asif - Banned for fixing
Amir - Banned for fixing
Ajmal - Banned for chucking
Yasir - Banned for doping

would legit neck myself if I was a Pakistani fan by now

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member

Asif - Banned for fixing
Amir - Banned for fixing

They've all been legitimate ATG bowlers for short periods too.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I read in the local newspaper today that he won't be allowed if he can't get a character certificate from NZ and get a visa as an 'exception'. Also, all other players in the squad have got visas except him till now. Considering the squad is to leave on 7th, could prove embarrassing.

Cruxdude

International Debutant

Asif - Banned for fixing
Amir - Banned for fixing

And Wasim and Waqar had their names listed in the Qayyum report too. It was hard enough getting over Azhar and Jadeja but having all your heroes tarred like this must be hard.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I read in the local newspaper today that he won't be allowed if he can't get a character certificate from NZ and get a visa as an 'exception'. Also, all other players in the squad have got visas except him till now. Considering the squad is to leave on 7th, could prove embarrassing.
A character certificate FROM NZ?

Pretty sure the Pakistan High Commission in NZ will help him out. Shouldn't be an issue if they organise things properly.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
A character certificate FROM NZ?

Pretty sure the Pakistan High Commission in NZ will help him out. Shouldn't be an issue if they organise things properly.
His wife is a British National....shouldn't have a problem getting a Visa to play in the UK.

SuperMurali

School Boy/Girl Captain
so " listed in the Qayyum report too" basically means they're a match fixer, but there's insufficient evidence and/or the judge doesn't want to persecute a cricketing god?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
New Zealand's policy is clear: "People with criminal conviction or who have provided false or misleading information, will not be granted a visa unless a character waiver is granted."

The "character waiver," by the way, would be granted on "merit," with multiple factors coming into the picture.

In other words, there's no certainty with regard to getting the "character waiver."

It couldn't be confirmed, but this Reporter learns that the Board has already procured visas for around 25 players ("core group"), during the recent series against England, in the UAE.

Aamir, 23, isn't in that group of 25 or so.

The Board appears to have arranged for the visas well in advance as the New Zealand high commission in the UAE does the needful for Pakistani nationals residing at home.

Specifically, the visas are either issued/denied by the Immigration New Zealand Office in Dubai.

The Immigration New Zealand Office in the Emirate handles the visa applications from 20 countries in and around the region.

Besides the location bit, New Zealand government establishments are closed for Christmas and the New Year till the end of the week.

The Pakistan squad is scheduled to fly out of Karachi on January 10/11.

Pakistan are to feature in three T20Is and three ODIs in the period between January 15-31.

[Telegraph Kolkata]

Cruxdude

International Debutant
so " listed in the Qayyum report too" basically means they're a match fixer, but there's insufficient evidence and/or the judge doesn't want to persecute a cricketing god?
No one really knows. Have read reports that Qayyum let off players he idolized and stuff like that. Just a lot of murky **** around a lot of players fro the 90s.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
New Zealand's policy is clear: "People with criminal conviction or who have provided false or misleading information, will not be granted a visa unless a character waiver is granted."

The "character waiver," by the way, would be granted on "merit," with multiple factors coming into the picture.

In other words, there's no certainty with regard to getting the "character waiver."

It couldn't be confirmed, but this Reporter learns that the Board has already procured visas for around 25 players ("core group"), during the recent series against England, in the UAE.

Aamir, 23, isn't in that group of 25 or so.

The Board appears to have arranged for the visas well in advance as the New Zealand high commission in the UAE does the needful for Pakistani nationals residing at home.

Specifically, the visas are either issued/denied by the Immigration New Zealand Office in Dubai.

The Immigration New Zealand Office in the Emirate handles the visa applications from 20 countries in and around the region.

Besides the location bit, New Zealand government establishments are closed for Christmas and the New Year till the end of the week.

The Pakistan squad is scheduled to fly out of Karachi on January 10/11.

Pakistan are to feature in three T20Is and three ODIs in the period between January 15-31.

[Telegraph Kolkata]
yeah it's going to be fine.