• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammed Amir cleared to return with immediate effect

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
get over it boys you lost. amir won. committed the crime of the century with a smile on his face, gets to continue playing cricket while sleeping like a baby

Teja.

Global Moderator
When it happened, I was in high school, was pretty cut up and didn't want him to play again. I was also far more invested in cricket.

Five years down the road, now I actually want him to play because of the troll value + him being above average product at the very least, though I actually think he shouldn't be playing.

I mean I think it's a terrible idea in general and the whole he just spot fixed so didn't affect the match just made some extra cash thing utter bull**** but I'm finding it very very hard to get too angry about him coming back.

mr_mister

well 40 year old Misbah won't have to play with him anyway. I'm more concerned with the younger guys' opinions

harsh.ag

From reading the article, the resistance comes across as having more to do with Amir's current behaviour and attitude than a general distaste with allowing tainted players back in (at least for Misbah and the selectors; Afridi may have a more stringent view)

Niall

International Coach
From reading the article, the resistance comes across as having more to do with Amir's current behaviour and attitude than a general distaste with allowing tainted players back in (at least for Misbah and the selectors; Afridi may have a more stringent view)

IIRC

In the NOTW sting, the fixer agent said they did not try to corrupt Afridi as he had no interest in that sort of thing whatsoever.