• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stuart Broad tells people on minimum wage to "Stay Humble"

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He misses the point that just because you may be in the top ten percent or whatevs, it doesn't neccessarily mean you have enough to get by. Maybe only the top 5% have enough to have some control over their lives (I don't know and I made that stat up, just trying to get my point across badly).
So like Stuart Broad then.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Richest 10% aye, doesn't seem to have clocked on that most of that 10% isn't that much better off than the other 90 when you factor in the cost of living.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Weren't you the one ashamed to be Indian due to comments like put them in their place, now you want Broad sledged :laugh:

Funnily enough, I don't think opposition team members give a monkey's about sledging Broad over something like this 8-)

Nah.. I am just ashamed of the jingoism that seems to reach a crescendo just before a world event with a sudden influx of Indian fans.. seen it happen before too..

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
But he is a knob.

I remember during the last time England were in South Africa, SA were trying to bowl England out on the final day of the Test at Centurion. Broad got a clear edge to Paul Harris and was given out, but Broad went for the review, which he lost, because he'd nicked the cover off of it. Why did he go for the review? I think because he's a spoilt little brat.
Then you need to think a bit harder mate. Unless you're saying that's the case for anyone who's tried their luck with a review, even when the odds are against them, which I suspect you're not. Maybe he was trying to waste a bit of time if England were trying to save the game? Maybe there wasn't any batting worthy of the name still to come, so he thought he may as well, just in case he got outrageously lucky? Maybe he just made a daft call? Maybe he just panicked - he was still pretty young last time England toured SA. These things happen.

Dhoni_183*

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Nah.. I am just ashamed of the jingoism that seems to reach a crescendo just before a world event with a sudden influx of Indian fans.. seen it happen before too..
But you wanted Broad sledged for this random comment?

To be honest you seem like a self hating Indian/British wannabe since one comment like "put in their place" made you ashamed of your nationality. You explicitly stated you are ashamed to be Indian due to one internet comment.

Keep rubbing that fair and handsome cream on chap, may it work well for you.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Then you need to think a bit harder mate. Unless you're saying that's the case for anyone who's tried their luck with a review, even when the odds are against them, which I suspect you're not. Maybe he was trying to waste a bit of time if England were trying to save the game? Maybe there wasn't any batting worthy of the name still to come, so he thought he may as well, just in case he got outrageously lucky? Maybe he just made a daft call? Maybe he just panicked - he was still pretty young last time England toured SA. These things happen.
If there's a review left and **** all batting to come then it might be worth a review on the off chance the bowler's overstepped IMO.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Utterly crass comment. Not unexpected though, he's not really the brightest. Reckon he'll get a job on Talksport when he retires.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member

To be honest you seem like a self hating Indian/British wannabe since one comment like "put in their place" made you ashamed of your nationality. You explicitly stated you are ashamed to be Indian due to one internet comment.

Wow. That seems a bit . . . excessive.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member

Idiotic post. Go away.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Damn dude you got this one wrong, hb is one of the least cocoish posters on here.