• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stuart Broad tells people on minimum wage to "Stay Humble"

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rich sportsman in stupid comment alert.
Bad management too - I mean how often have we heard Wayne Rooney produce a gaffe like this? - I can't ever recall one, and the reason is because Moyes and then Ferguson didn't allow the press near him until they'd taught him how to deal with them - took years

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bad management too - I mean how often have we heard Wayne Rooney produce a gaffe like this? - I can't ever recall one, and the reason is because Moyes and then Ferguson didn't allow the press near him until they'd taught him how to deal with them - took years
I can't believe that we are still waiting for celebrities that use twitter to realise that people can actually read what they put on there....

Marius

International Debutant
**** the Australian media really needs to get over the fact that Broad didn't walk last summer.
But he is a knob.

I remember during the last time England were in South Africa, SA were trying to bowl England out on the final day of the Test at Centurion. Broad got a clear edge to Paul Harris and was given out, but Broad went for the review, which he lost, because he'd nicked the cover off of it. Why did he go for the review? I think because he's a spoilt little brat.

One thing I have to say is it seems that the South African guys seem to get far-better media training than the English guys. When has there ever been a social media controversy over something an SA player tweeted? The closest I can think of is the time Herschelle Gibbs called Pakistani fans animals (or something similar, the details escape me) and he was relatively unlucky to have his comments picked up on the stump mike (not excusing what he said).

Furball

Evil Scotsman
But he is a knob.

I remember during the last time England were in South Africa, SA were trying to bowl England out on the final day of the Test at Centurion. Broad got a clear edge to Paul Harris and was given out, but Broad went for the review, which he lost, because he'd nicked the cover off of it. Why did he go for the review? I think because he's a spoilt little brat.

One thing I have to say is it seems that the South African guys seem to get far-better media training than the English guys. When has there ever been a social media controversy over something an SA player tweeted? The closest I can think of is the time Herschelle Gibbs called Pakistani fans animals (or something similar, the details escape me) and he was relatively unlucky to have his comments picked up on the stump mike (not excusing what he said).
Or maybe no-one gives enough of a **** about South African cricket.

Dhoni_183*

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Obvious sledges waiting for him this WC then...
Weren't you the one ashamed to be Indian due to comments like put them in their place, now you want Broad sledged :laugh:

Funnily enough, I don't think opposition team members give a monkey's about sledging Broad over something like this 8-)

Last edited:

Marius

International Debutant
Or maybe no-one gives enough of a **** about South African cricket.
Yes, except for maybe, you know, South Africans. Trust me, if a South African cricketer made a bungle like that it would be all over our newspapers.

Hell, when Jacques Kallis said the death penalty should come back it got reported on.

Dhoni_183*

Yes, except for maybe, you know, South Africans. Trust me, if a South African cricketer made a bungle like that it would be all over our newspapers.

Hell, when Jacques Kallis said the death penalty should come back it got reported on.
I always respected Big Jacque, even more now!

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Many people in this country work their arses off for minimum wage and still need benefits just to survive. Many also have to rely on the charity of others to even feed themselves. While he's getting paid obscene amounts of money to throw a small red ball 22 yards. Stay humble you middle-class twazzock.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I don't think he meant this as a dig at KP or those on minimum wage. Moreso he thought he'd turn social commentator and say how lucky we are in England that the minimum wage puts you in the top 10% earners in the world. Of course that comes off like he's preaching from his ivory tower. Typical top level sportsman living in the bubble of international sport, talking rubbish and not realising how it will sound. It's why generally sportsmen are better off saying nothing expect for the standard sport fare. Might be seen as boring but you're not castigated and every comment you make isn't analysed to death.

Dhoni_183*

Many people in this country work their arses off for minimum wage and still need benefits just to survive. Many also have to rely on the charity of others to even feed themselves. While he's getting paid obscene amounts of money to throw a small red ball 22 yards. Stay humble you middle-class twazzock.
Not to mention many working class families follow cricket, their kids may aspire to bowl like Broad, they may save up to see England play every so often. You just don't say things like that. It's the fans that make the game or Broad would have nothing.

Flem274*

123/5
He misses the point that just because you may be in the top ten percent or whatevs, it doesn't neccessarily mean you have enough to get by. Maybe only the top 5% have enough to have some control over their lives (I don't know and I made that stat up, just trying to get my point across badly).