• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Get Ready For A ****ing Sacking - The Michael Clarke Story?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We've once again hit that point in the cycle where Michael Clarke is being piled on by media, high ranking CA sources, teammates etc. Essentially, Michael Clarke and CA management (Rod Marsh?) have apparently fallen out and in tandem with TPC kicking butt, they are people questioning his captaincy future, which seems absolutely insane, but hey. The other aspect to this is that Clarkeh believes he's being set up to fail in regards to being fit for the WC, he believes they agreed he had an extra two or so weeks to be fit, but they changed the deadline on him. Oh and the dressing room hates him or something but who cares about that, they wanted Marcus North made captain. And Rod Marsh sent Ryan Harris packing to Queensland or something so **** him too.

Michael Clarke on a collision course with Cricket Australia as his teammates move on
Cricket officials discuss replacing Michael Clarke with Steven Smith as full-time Australian captain
Michael Clarke is at war with Australia selectors, has lost his team and could miss the World Cup | Daily Mail Online

Spikey

i think the wc deadline was insane btw but maybe im just bitter over the Hussey/2011 WC fiasco. Obviously Huss was more important though

Spikey

I love that Clarke's gone for like a month and they're ready to move on or some ****. Are they a bunch of cats or something

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I find the claims about the dressing room unbelievable when you look at how Clarke carried himself throughout the immediate aftermath of Phil Hughes' death.

Spikey

nah its all Rod Marsh ****. clarke is too powerful for him so he's trying to invoke an uprising against him

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What the **** is this about? Doesn't make any sense. Did he do something to piss people off?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
One doesn't simply take workplace behaviour lessons from Shane Warne without being as talented and indispensible as he was.

At least that's the gist of the gossip columns.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Steve Smith wants to be like Kohli, captain test team full tme immediately. You wish son.

Top_Cat

I love how they again tie all the dressing-room ruckus back to Shane 'The Godfather' Warne.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So Mitchell Marsh/Joe Burns in tests and George Bailey in ODIs are preferred over Michael Clarke now? :blink: