• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Get Ready For A ****ing Sacking - The Michael Clarke Story?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
"Fairfax Media this week shone a light on the fact that Clarke is on a collision course with Cricket Australia officials over his selection in the World Cup. We also highlighted the fact that the team is more than settled under Steve Smith.

The aftermath? Not one soul from Cricket Australia or the Clarke camp has denied any of it."

:dry: This is some poor journalism.

There's nothing in that Michael Clarke story: I've heard that one before
It's all tripe journalism, this thread alone was based on wild guesses and hearsay.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Star player having personality clashes with the administration? Easiest problem in the world to solve.

Give the administrators the boot or tell them to pull their heads in; mediocre selectors and managers are a dime a dozen and contribute nothing to the team relative to a world class batsmen and captain.
Worked for England.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
when the sydney rugby league journos get behind something it doesnt end well, look what happened to ewen mckenzie

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
"Fairfax Media this week shone a light on the fact that Clarke is on a collision course with Cricket Australia officials over his selection in the World Cup. We also highlighted the fact that the team is more than settled under Steve Smith.

The aftermath? Not one soul from Cricket Australia or the Clarke camp has denied any of it."

:dry: This is some poor journalism.

There's nothing in that Michael Clarke story: I've heard that one before
Had to be Webster. The only berk up there with him in the journo stakes is Dorries.

I'd love to be a journo. Make something up, attach 'according to sources' or 'someone close to camp X' then piss off to the boozer. Although I probably wouldn't appreciate being a rung above kiddie fiddlers on the moral ladder of life.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Certainly seems to be more interested in the Danny Weidler route than most.

But there's definitely a bit behind the original article (no need for that one that Jono linked to).

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Clarke just reminds Marsh too much of Kim Hughes for his liking.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
I honestly aren't that enamoured with Smith's captaincy thus far tbh it didn't seem to affect his batting much but it didn't seem as good as Clarke's. I didn';t catch all of the Test series but I think Smith could benefit from been Clarke's deputy for the next Ashes assuming he manages to keep playing till then and then take over for the next Aussie summer.

Spark

Global Moderator
Smith'll be better for the run but yeah he's not ready to take over yet full-time. A year of proper mentorship under Clarke will do him good.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Unless the dressing room really can't stand Clarke then getting rid of him is just monumentally stupid. He's just so good tactically.

Riggins

International Captain
Unless the dressing room really can't stand Clarke then getting rid of him is just monumentally stupid. He's just so good tactically.
Yep. He makes (big) hundreds too. In a setting where, Smith and Warner's development aside, everyone seems to just make pretty 30's and 40's, he's just too valuable.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even then....unless it's Warner, Smith or Harris who don't tolerate Clarke I'd be tempted to drop those who have a problem with him.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yep. He makes (big) hundreds too. In a setting where, Smith and Warner's development aside, everyone seems to just make pretty 30's and 40's, he's just too valuable.
Even Warner doesn't get close to matching Clarke in the massive, critical hundred stakes. Smith is closer but only of late.

And Smith and Clarke have been known close mates for ages, remember that whole "finding Smith an AB Medal date" thing a few years back?