• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2015

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
It's not like you can objectively say who's the best int he world in terms of fielding, though NZ certainly are near the top. Guptill would also be very close to being the best all round fielder in the world.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I reckon this bowling depth we have at present is really upsetting the opposition strategy. They might have it in mind to play out some bowlers and attack other bowlers, but because they don't know who the bowlers will be such strategising is impossible. They know we're going to play Southee for the important CWC games but they won't be looking to attack him anyway so that point is moot.

We can go for a variety of left hand/right hand, medium-fast, fast-medium and fast to complement Southee. It's going to make it much harder to come up with gameplans against us.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I reckon this bowling depth we have at present is really upsetting the opposition strategy. They might have it in mind to play out some bowlers and attack other bowlers, but because they don't know who the bowlers will be such strategising is impossible. They know we're going to play Southee for the important CWC games but they won't be looking to attack him anyway so that point is moot.

We can go for a variety of left hand/right hand, medium-fast, fast-medium and fast to complement Southee. It's going to make it much harder to come up with gameplans against us.
I think the plan against NZ will be pretty simple regardless of which bowlers they pick tbh -- conserve wickets early, try to attack Anderson in the middle, then launch at the death. Regardless of the exact combination, NZ are going to be a new ball dominant attack with a weak fifth bowler and questionable death options.

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
I think the plan against NZ will be pretty simple regardless of which bowlers they pick tbh -- conserve wickets early, try to attack Anderson in the middle, then launch at the death. Regardless of the exact combination, NZ are going to be a new ball dominant attack with a weak fifth bowler and questionable death options.
Thats where Mitch might prove to be valuable, unless Boult shows he is awesome at the death. Hope we get to see how he goes against Afridi today. The commentators really really rate him.

Jimbo the giant

U19 12th Man
Coreys stats are remarkably similar to James Faulkners and they perform a similar role for their teams. Faulkner is considered excellent and he's their 4th bowling option.

Thats the same basic plan any team does in any form of the game. Corey Anderson would probably be the best 5th bowling option in the cup when you look at his wicket taking ability. There are plenty of bowlers that could do a better job economically but thats why we have Vettori.

Last edited: