• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sir Garry v Sachin

smash84

The Tiger King
He'd have averaged 600 vs India too
yeah, would have definitely done well against India. Not to mention people forget that he did ridiculously well against England but what they fail to point out is that England where conditions have always allowed the ball to move around. Probably the only place in the world which has real swinging conditions.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Doesn't matter if Bradman would have averaged 4 today. Or 400. It's completely irrelevant; he wasn't trying to develop a game for a that. I can just imagine the look on his captain's face if he told him he was going to change his technique to be more in line with the challenges of a random spot in time 80 years down the track even though he knew it meant be less effective in reality.

The measure of a successful troll on CW = Get PEWS to respond in complete seriousness and more than just a bit of emotion :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I've been timed. No cause I don't swing it and it's barely medium at international level. Also can't field well. Different pedigree. I may be quick here but I joke with the lads - I'm probably as quick as colly max.

Oh and I only have a British passport, could only play for England.

Please do :p

archie mac

International Coach
It should be CW policy to close any thread as soon as the Sachin sycophants start to dribble their BS

This is yet another thread that has lost its way and to my embarrassment it appears to be my post that this clown first responded

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Coming back to the main topic, there is also a difference of cultures here.

Sir Garry went through a difficult time with his marriage and a divorce, and had multiple engagements. That did not dampen the fans' adulation in any manner (that I know of). On the other hand, had Sachin had such a personal life, his estimation would have gone down remarkably in the eyes of some of his "fans".

So, there is that.

archie mac

International Coach

Sir Garry went through a difficult time with his marriage and a divorce, and had multiple engagements. That did not dampen the fans' adulation in any manner (that I know of). On the other hand, had Sachin had such a personal life, his estimation would have gone down remarkably in the eyes of some of his "fans".

So, there is that.
I didn't think the Indian fans would worry that much about his off field behaviour, but obviously wrong. Sobers certainly didn't have the outside public pressures about his personal life. He partied most nights and often slept in the dressing room. These days there would be pics all over the place

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It kind of felt like you were egging him on on purpose rather than just getting sucked in though.
I'd hardly call being snide to someone posting rubbish as egging him on. If he was stupid enough to not get sarcasm it isn't my fault.

And really, I didn't post anything false. Bradman acctually did average 10 in SL . It's a statistic that I find hilarious and post whenever i get an excuse to.:D

cnerd123

likes this
I am totally innocent on the engaging-with-troll front in this case. All I did is like his posts. Sarcastically.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
You need to put an emoticon after your likes so we know if they are genuine or sarcastic.........im now doubting the authenticity of the 2000 likes you've given me (99.94% of my total tbh)

longranger

U19 Cricketer

So, there is that.
I don't think that's comparable. Sobers was from a different time as well. Also, I don't think there was ever 'Sobers-mania' as much as 'Sachin-mania'. And lets not look at overtly nationalistic fans; l let's look at the effect they had on non-cricket fans. Tendulkar became a household name in the way I don't believe Sobers ever did.

I reiterate again, I'm no Tendulkar fanboy, but sometimes posters on this forum seem to underrate / diss him quite often.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member

So, there is that.
Don't think that's necessarily true.