Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Intercontinental Cup Thread

  1. #1
    Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    15,389

    ***Official*** Intercontinental Cup Thread

    The ICC World Cricket League (WCL) Division 2 has just finished - with the qualifiers to the Intercontinental Cup 2015-17 being Namibia and Netherlands. Nepal missed out after being thumped by Kenya and with the Dutch tearing Uganda a new one on the last day.

    Namibia were clear winners.

    So, the Intercontinental Cup 2015-17 will be contested by:

    Ireland
    Afghanistan
    UAE
    PNG
    Hong Kong
    Scotland
    Namibia
    Netherlands

    There will be a number of 4 day games played over the 2 years with supposedly a 4 Test series between the winner and the lowest ranked Test nation in 2017. This is a major change and boost to the Intercontinental Cup. Can't wait for this to start. Ireland have won 4 times, but I think they've deteriorated slightly of late. Namibia are improving all the time with their exposure to 2nd Tier South African first class cricket. Yes, they tend to get smashed in those game - but they tend to be without their best players (particularly Craig Williams and Gerrie Snyman) for those matches. I'll try and follow this as much as possible. No idea of a fixture list yet, but hopefully that'll be out soon. Hopefully there'll be coverage on You Tube - hoping to get a look at some of the Namibian guys in particular (Williams took 6-37 against Canada and he - along with Snyman - is easily their best bat)
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.


    Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    4,956
    They will also take part in the Pepsi Cup addition in One Dayers as well.Altho there will be no qualification for the 2019 World Cup,but those 8 sides could help decide who will play the Qualifier to the World cup in Bangladesh,which includes Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.

  3. #3
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    still scratching around in the same old hole
    Posts
    15,538
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    The ICC World Cricket League (WCL) Division 2 has just finished - with the qualifiers to the Intercontinental Cup 2015-17 being Namibia and Netherlands. Nepal missed out after being thumped by Kenya and with the Dutch tearing Uganda a new one on the last day.

    Namibia were clear winners.

    So, the Intercontinental Cup 2015-17 will be contested by:

    Ireland
    Afghanistan
    UAE
    PNG
    Hong Kong
    Scotland
    Namibia
    Netherlands

    There will be a number of 4 day games played over the 2 years with supposedly a 4 Test series between the winner and the lowest ranked Test nation in 2017. This is a major change and boost to the Intercontinental Cup. Can't wait for this to start. Ireland have won 4 times, but I think they've deteriorated slightly of late. Namibia are improving all the time with their exposure to 2nd Tier South African first class cricket. Yes, they tend to get smashed in those game - but they tend to be without their best players (particularly Craig Williams and Gerrie Snyman) for those matches. I'll try and follow this as much as possible. No idea of a fixture list yet, but hopefully that'll be out soon. Hopefully there'll be coverage on You Tube - hoping to get a look at some of the Namibian guys in particular (Williams took 6-37 against Canada and he - along with Snyman - is easily their best bat)
    I played with Craig and know him relatively well. He is a really positive 'energy' guy. Destructive batsman on his day. He can smash it and has an amazing eye though he doesnt have 'Test' level technique which would be a fair reason why he is playing for Namibia and not Titans and South Africa. To use the same phrase, his bowling is energetic - A medium pacer with variations and a good quicker ball. His batting is definitely his stronger suite. Good cricketer and nice lad.
    HeathDavisSpeed likes this.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

    West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

    Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

    Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

  4. #4
    Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    15,389
    Has anyone seen a fixture list for the next associate tournaments yet? I heard a vague rumour of another associates tournament being held in NZ at some point in the future - is that true?


  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    4,956
    Think it starts June July.

  6. #6
    Cricket Spectator Rotkohl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    World
    Posts
    29
    Dates for ICC Intercontinental Cup first round fixtures:

    10-13 May Namibia v Hong Kong, Wanderers
    Match Referee: Dev Govindjee (South Africa), Umpires: Andrew Wynand Louw (Namibia) and Adrian Holdstock (South Africa)
    2-5 June Ireland v UAE, Malahide
    2-5 June Scotland v Afghanistan, Stirling
    16-19 June Netherlands v Papua New Guinea, Amsterdam

    Dates for Pepsi ICC World Cricket League Championship first round fixtures:

    15 May Namibia v Hong Kong, Wanderers
    17 May - Namibia v Hong Kong, Wanderers
    22 June - Netherlands v Papua New Guinea, Amsterdam
    24 June - Netherlands v Papua New Guinea, Amsterdam
    25 June Kenya v UAE, tbc
    27 June Kenya v UAE, tbc
    25 July Scotland v Nepal, tbc
    27 July - Scotland v Nepal, tbc
    Pathway to Test cricket to begin for Associate Members in ICC Intercontinental Cup 2015-17 - ICC Cricket


    Here is the namibian squad

    And AZH had posted the HK squad elsewhere

  7. #7
    Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    15,389
    No Craig Williams in the Namibia Intercontinental Cup squad. Is he injured or has he retired from first class? I see he's in the WCL squad.

  8. #8
    International Debutant AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    2,413
    Scotland and UAE will take on each other before starting their campaign for the cup. Good to see this.

    Scotland meet Afghanistan in Intercontinental Cup opener
    Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
    You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.

  9. #9
    Cricket Spectator Rotkohl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    World
    Posts
    29
    I wonder why are they playing the warm up at the rose bowl when they could have played in scotland! The UAE squad has been announced and Tauqir and khurram khan will play on, I'm loving this. I had assumed that tauqir would be retiring and khurram had earlier announced that he was thinking of calling it a day

    The UAE have announced their squad for the Intercontinental Cup cricket fixture in Ireland. | The National

    Khurram will probably take hoggy's record of being the oldest international T20 cricketer, and join the 44+ club in ODIs... but still nowhere near Nolan Clarke!!
    AndyZaltzHair and zorax like this.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    The Mid 00's
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    No Craig Williams in the Namibia Intercontinental Cup squad. Is he injured or has he retired from first class? I see he's in the WCL squad.
    Not injured. He has simply decided to give up his ill-conceived cricket venture and return to what he does best - riding winners in the big Group 1 races around the country.

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    15,389
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyZaltzHair View Post
    Scotland and UAE will take on each other before starting their campaign for the cup. Good to see this.

    Scotland meet Afghanistan in Intercontinental Cup opener
    Might head along for some of that. I'm down in Hants around those dates.

  12. #12
    International Vice-Captain andruid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sometimes I'm online, Sometimes I'm offline
    Posts
    4,189
    Kinda bizarre how Kenya and Nepal wound u promoted back in the WCL division 1. Oh well, di anyone else notice the sleight of hand the ICC by usung the phrase 'path to test status' rather than full membership?
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Why don't the boxers have any head protection any more?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Burgey submitted a class action suggesting they harden the **** up.

  13. #13
    International Debutant AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    2,413
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Might head along for some of that. I'm down in Hants around those dates.
    Oh great. Probably you can video or post some pictures from the match then

  14. #14
    Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    15,389
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyZaltzHair View Post
    Oh great. Probably you can video or post some pictures from the match then
    Left my 600mm lens in NZ unfortunately, but I'll definitely be taking some photos if we make it along.
    AndyZaltzHair likes this.

  15. #15
    International Debutant AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    2,413
    Namibia scoring at a good rate. 113/2 at lunch.

    Anyone knows any link for live scorecard or anything? CI not up to date.
    Last edited by AndyZaltzHair; 10-05-2015 at 04:50 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 83
    Last Post: 14-12-2013, 07:09 AM
  2. Intercontinental Cup ends.
    By brockley in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 17-10-2013, 02:58 PM
  3. Intercontinental Cup and Intercontinental Shield
    By jashan83 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 03:19 AM
  4. The end of the intercontinental cup
    By brockley in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-09-2010, 02:41 AM
  5. zimbabwe intercontinental cup
    By wayneoz-cricket in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-05-2009, 09:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •