• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Intercontinental Cup Thread

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gutted to see that I'm not in Essex when the World Cricket League div 6 is being played (seemingly) exclusively in Essex. This round - Frinton-on-Sea, West Mersea and Colchester. West Mersea would be pretty interesting. Bloody bleak there at times and Norway vs. Vanuatu. Would be pretty alien for the ni-Van.

Camo999

State 12th Man
Target of 200 to win for the Scots. In the context of this game a difficult chase. C'mon boys.

Edit: 201 to actually win.

3/52 at stumps. Game in the balance.

Last edited:

Camo999

State 12th Man
And Borren comes on and takes 4/1. That is a seriously shocking loss - full strength batting line up that bats to no 10 humiliated in both innings. Lucky Rob Taylor scored a few or we wouldn't have made 100 in either dig. Not quite sure why de Lange is selected ahead of Haq or Leask but I hope he never is again. Borren... I've never seen anyone appear so miserable but he was probably laughing today.

mr_mister

are you Scottish Camo? Sorry to hear mate. I remember as a kid in '99 you guys were my fave minnow, I really like Hamilton and Salmond

Camo999

State 12th Man
are you Scottish Camo? Sorry to hear mate. I remember as a kid in '99 you guys were my fave minnow, I really like Hamilton and Salmond
Lol yeah on my Dad's side. Remember that '99 WC well and have started following them more closely in the last few years and been to a couple of games. Reckon a few of the Ireland players are starting to get over the hill and this could've been a chance for a test match appearance but winning this comp looks a long shot now.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Van Der Merwe and Borren gunning it for the Netherlands. Can't emphasize Van Der Merwe's first innings knock more.

mr_mister

question: If whoever wins this tournament loses the series against Zim or whoever they have to face, is it literally back to the drawing board? No test status for you? Better luck next decade?

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
question: If whoever wins this tournament loses the series against Zim or whoever they have to face, is it literally back to the drawing board? No test status for you? Better luck next decade?
ICC yet to clear the situation which is a shame. The team winning the tournament will face bottom ranked full member on home and away basis for four five- day matches known as ICC Test Challenge. If they win the challenge they will be granted as 11th nation to play Tests but will not be full members which makes no sense. Why will they be deprived of the benefits? Only ICC can answer.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Double ton off as many balls for Joyce. Pretty much a textbook case of 'too good for this'

Ire 402/3 (92.0 ov, WTS Porterfield 153*, GC Wilson 22*, JJ Smit 0/72) - Stumps | Live Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
Add to that his 231* off almost as many balls against UAE earlier this summer.

It's a tough one for us overall. He's not going to be around much longer and it pains to say it but the blokes behind him have the potential but just aren't in the same class. The bowling department is looking depressingly similar too. Good enough to roll average associate sides but on paper are never going to run through Zimbabwe, let alone Bangladesh.

I know Afghanistan never show up when it matters but if you're batting for the associates, they've got more than a good chance of knocking off Zimbabwe in 2018.

HeathDavisSpeed

No Craig Williams for Namibia makes things tougher. No Viljoen any more either. Makes it a weak Namibian line-up.

Good to see Snyman snag the big wicket.