• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bc's 2nd best ODI quick

2nd best Kiwi quick in ODIs

• Total voters

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Mills still holds the throne, but I suspect Henry will prove himself soon enough. He has everything mills has with a yard of extra pace.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I thought this was going to be a comparison between Hadlee and Bond (I'd put them in that order, so Bond btw).

Anyway, tough question. I'd prob say Henry, although the selectors certainly got it right with Elliot so who knows? To win the WC I'd really like to see a Southee, Henry,Milne trio

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Anyway, tough question. I'd prob say Henry, although the selectors certainly got it right with Elliot so who knows?
It's a tough question because the BC's have two proven performers (Southee & Mills) and a ****load of unproven talent (McClenaghan, Milne, Henry, Boult). Elliott was already a proven performer from his last jaunt in the black cap as far as I am concerned.

Flem274*

123/5
Southee hasn't had the greatest results in the past season or so iirc.

The guys taking wickets have been Mitch M and Henry, so while I'm in Camp Southee maybe I should give the others more consideration than I do.

What I have decided is Mitch M is the showpiece for the idea that hitting the deck as hard as you can is a great way to have success in ODIs. His line and length go missing more often than we'd like but he's hard to biff because there's always a good chance of the ball hurrying or ballooning on you, so his good balls get wickets and his bad balls get wickets.

Mills is another who is great at using bounce to cover his lack of pace or hooping swing.

So to actually answer the question, I don't know. Leaning towards Mills fitness dependent.

Flem274*

123/5
It's a tough question because the BC's have two proven performers (Southee & Mills) and a ****load of unproven talent (McClenaghan, Milne, Henry, Boult). Elliott was already a proven performer from his last jaunt in the black cap as far as I am concerned.
McClenaghan is proven now imo. He's not a bowler you instinctively trust because his MO is not something conventional wisdom suggests should be successful, but I think he and Wagner both prove 135kph heavy ball bowling with bounce and probably acceleration off the pitch is really hard to face even if the accuracy is lacking. Give those guys a bit of swing or seam to go with it and it gets even harder.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't believe there is one, especially in their own eyes. Everyone in the playing day XI has a role, that isn't labelled as 'No.1 seamer, No.2' etc.

Probably fair to say Tim is our figurehead, sure. But the guy who opens with him is the guy best equipped to bowl with the new ball, the guy first change is probably a guy who is best effective getting into the deck as opposed to throwing it up and swinging it, etc.

Boring answer, but I'm sure that's the way they see it. They pick the best bunch of bowlers to do different jobs, and everyone gets a pass mark on how they do them - not whether they took 4-44, 5-60 or 0-40.