• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Did I just watch one of the great ODI recovery jobs ever?

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
From 93 for 5 to 360/5 off 50 overs.

Record partnership 267 runs @ RR: 8.90

Grant Elliot (104*, SR 108.33) and Luke Ronchi (170*, SR 171.71) plundered Sri Lanka all around the park.

Ronchi with the highest score by a NZ wicketkeeper, surpassed McCullum's 131 v Pakistan, 2009.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Would just like to thank Wellington for having the wisdom to poach so nicely from Australia and South Africa.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well.. there was 17/5 and then Kapil scoring 175 but NZ are finally looking like favorites for a WC rather than just dark horses.. which they were said to be for just about every WC I have watched.. And it is nice.. The country has some of the best and most committed cricket fans and they deserve a good competitive side that they are getting now :)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well.. there was 17/5 and then Kapil scoring 175 but NZ are finally looking like favorites for a WC rather than just dark horses.. which they were said to be for just about every WC I have watched.. And it is nice.. The country has some of the best and most committed cricket fans and they deserve a good competitive side that they are getting now :)
they are also really hard triers and their team effort is always more than the sum of their players abilities etc

viriya

International Captain
Definitely up there, but Kapil's 175* and Viv's 189* definitely made under tougher conditions though.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
It'll be hilarious and amazing if we come up against aus in a knockout match and Ronchi ends up the difference between the sides. Bad luck Ronchi gets his movie style revenge.