• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chris Lynn

Should Chris's Lynn Be Playing Test For Australia

• Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not right now, no. I reckon he's good enough to do so in the near future though. His first priority should be actually stringing some games together; he always seems to be injured or on the comeback trail when a spot opens up.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Another season or 2 of shield cricket and maybe some county matches and then give him a run. Definitely has huge potential though.

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
At the expense of who? If we play the all-rounder role at 6 then at the moment he is not in the XI.
A reserve role for the other Marsh depending on form and fitness?

Riggins

International Captain
He should be in the T20 side and probably the ODI side at times like now when there's so many players unavailable, but nowhere near the Test side at present for me.

EPT

Cricket Spectator
I definitely think he should be in the reckoning for the touring party to the West Indies, but with Marsh and Burns both performing pretty well against India, I don't think he'll get a look in just yet. Surely another big knock or too will get him pretty close to being next cab off the rank though. I'd have him in my t20 side for sure though.

nevermind

U19 Debutant
Yeah, hes getting close for sure. Hopefully will be a key part of the Aussie middle order in the near future and knocks like today's won't do him any harm in achieving that.

Debris

International 12th Man
At the expense of who? If we play the all-rounder role at 6 then at the moment he is not in the XI.
A reserve role for the other Marsh depending on form and fitness?
I voted yes because I really don't like Watson and SMarsh

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has super hands but has a bit too much Dussey about him against the short ones, if you catch my meaning (especially early). But yeah, needs to get on the park more often anyway. Should be in touring parties soon.

Last edited:

Julian87

State Captain
I don't think it would hurt taking him to the Caribbean if he doesn't have any other cricket on at that point in time. I just don't know how he'll go in tests but there's only one way to find out.

Hits the cleanest ball of any current cricketer around for mine too.

brockley

International Captain
Lynn needs to develop his bowling,his an occassional bowler,i rate him higher than that can do a Lehman/Clarke role.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
When we have Warner Smith Clarke and Watson/Marsh in our top 6 I really dont think Lynn's bowling is important.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
And once Patto is fit and begins his unstoppable rampage, we'll only need someone to hold up the other end....