Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Will this Turn USA cricket Around.

Banned

not a good time,with all the chuckers being caught

International Debutant Swingpanzee's Avatar
    There was this Fox Sports video once which said that baseball hitting is harder than batting, absolutely loltastic the way they presented their argument.

Actually getting some talented athletes playing the game definitely couldn't hurt their cause. They still wont be very good for ages though even if it does take off.
    The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swingpanzee View Post
    There was this Fox Sports video once which said that baseball hitting is harder than batting, absolutely loltastic the way they presented their argument.
    Yeah i remember watching something similar but tbf they were testing whether it's easier to hit a baseball pitch vs a bowler. Doesn't exactly need testing but yeah..

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    I don't believe that no one involved in the IPL has thought of this already, as I'm sure they have more than enough cash to tempt these guys - can only assume therefore that it ain't as easy to convert as some think

Banned
    With USA in the world cup qualifiers,could make a USA side quite competitive,i await whether this happens or simply someones wishlist.
    Their is not that much money in the minor leagues is there?

International Debutant Swingpanzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Yeah i remember watching something similar but tbf they were testing whether it's easier to hit a baseball pitch vs a bowler. Doesn't exactly need testing but yeah..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXp2u3hMGBk

When I have a bad day I watch this for fun

The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swingpanzee View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXp2u3hMGBk

When I have a bad day I watch this for fun
    How ****ing stupid!

I reckon someone like Dave Warner could hold his own in elite American baseball in 1 years training. Pick any baseballer with no cricket experience and I guarantee you they couldn't even play district cricket successfully in one year.

That "percentage" of hits, lol

Thought it was going to say they were introducing food breaks every ten mins
    "Play Hard but play fair..."

School Boy/Girl Captain
    This idea that American sportspeople are a class above the rest of the world is the most arrogant, ridiculous claim that comes up in sport from time to time. Athletes trained for a particular sport will excel in certain areas that others do not, and vice versa. If Warner took on a baseball training regime he would be a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ATHLETE. Unrecognisable. He would be able to do things he couldn't before, and lose the ability to do some things he can do currently. I am so completely sick of American flag waving as if athletes coming out of the college system are somehow genetically superior. It is an embarrassing indictment on this guy's intelligence that he subscribes to this. I hope his harebrained idea takes off so we can put this stupid **** to bed.

The thing is, batting in cricket has so many more nuances and facets than batting in baseball does. Baseballs are pitched in one area and the shots/hits are limited. In cricket the ball can be pitched anywhere, on any ball, and the shot selections are much more broad.

As for pitching v bowling, you only need to see someone try to bowl who never has before to see how difficult it is if you haven't grown up with it. But all cricketers have the mechanics of pitching from the very natural act of throwing.

Not saying one game is better, though I think cricket is. But I'd say it'd be a lot easier for elite cricketers to transfer into elite baseball than it would for elite baseballers to transfer into elite cricket.

All that said, it'd be great to see the USA develop a team for the 20/20 World Cup, and then develop one day and test teams.

School Boy/Girl Captain BigBrother's Avatar
    No but this thread will get cricket fanboys to throw tantrums about baseball being inferior to cricket it seems like.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    No but this thread will get cricket fanboys to throw tantrums about baseball being inferior to cricket it seems like.
    I think you might find that it's not just this thread. This is a cricket forum.
    Last edited by Red Hill; 23-01-2015 at 12:08 PM.

School Boy/Girl Captain BigBrother's Avatar
    I expect any serious fan of professional sports to give each sport and it's hard work and difficulty the respect it deserves and certainly have more class than what I have seen in this thread, cricket forum or not. All of a sudden I don't feel so bad about Americans and their stereotypes of cricket anymore.

David Warner might enjoy reading some of this though, drivel or not.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 22-01-2015 at 11:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information