• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will this Turn USA cricket Around.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
There was this Fox Sports video once which said that baseball hitting is harder than batting, absolutely loltastic the way they presented their argument.

Riggins

International Captain
Actually getting some talented athletes playing the game definitely couldn't hurt their cause. They still wont be very good for ages though even if it does take off.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There was this Fox Sports video once which said that baseball hitting is harder than batting, absolutely loltastic the way they presented their argument.
Yeah i remember watching something similar but tbf they were testing whether it's easier to hit a baseball pitch vs a bowler. Doesn't exactly need testing but yeah..

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't believe that no one involved in the IPL has thought of this already, as I'm sure they have more than enough cash to tempt these guys - can only assume therefore that it ain't as easy to convert as some think

brockley

International Captain
With USA in the world cup qualifiers,could make a USA side quite competitive,i await whether this happens or simply someones wishlist.
Their is not that much money in the minor leagues is there?

U19 12th Man
This idea that American sportspeople are a class above the rest of the world is the most arrogant, ridiculous claim that comes up in sport from time to time. Athletes trained for a particular sport will excel in certain areas that others do not, and vice versa. If Warner took on a baseball training regime he would be a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ATHLETE. Unrecognisable. He would be able to do things he couldn't before, and lose the ability to do some things he can do currently. I am so completely sick of American flag waving as if athletes coming out of the college system are somehow genetically superior. It is an embarrassing indictment on this guy's intelligence that he subscribes to this. I hope his harebrained idea takes off so we can put this stupid **** to bed.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
The thing is, batting in cricket has so many more nuances and facets than batting in baseball does. Baseballs are pitched in one area and the shots/hits are limited. In cricket the ball can be pitched anywhere, on any ball, and the shot selections are much more broad.

As for pitching v bowling, you only need to see someone try to bowl who never has before to see how difficult it is if you haven't grown up with it. But all cricketers have the mechanics of pitching from the very natural act of throwing.

Not saying one game is better, though I think cricket is. But I'd say it'd be a lot easier for elite cricketers to transfer into elite baseball than it would for elite baseballers to transfer into elite cricket.

All that said, it'd be great to see the USA develop a team for the 20/20 World Cup, and then develop one day and test teams.

BigBrother

U19 12th Man
No but this thread will get cricket fanboys to throw tantrums about baseball being inferior to cricket it seems like.

Red

No but this thread will get cricket fanboys to throw tantrums about baseball being inferior to cricket it seems like.
I think you might find that it's not just this thread. This is a cricket forum.

Last edited:

BigBrother

U19 12th Man
I expect any serious fan of professional sports to give each sport and it's hard work and difficulty the respect it deserves and certainly have more class than what I have seen in this thread, cricket forum or not. All of a sudden I don't feel so bad about Americans and their stereotypes of cricket anymore.

David Warner might enjoy reading some of this though, drivel or not.

Last edited:

Red

I expect any serious fan of professional sports to give each sport and it's hard work and difficulty the respect it deserves and certainly have more class than what I have seen in this thread, cricket forum or not. All of a sudden I don't feel so bad about Americans and their stereotypes of cricket anymore.

David Warner might enjoy reading some of this though.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
I reckon someone like Dave Warner could hold his own in elite American baseball in 1 years training. Pick any baseballer with no cricket experience and I guarantee you they couldn't even play district cricket successfully in one year.
I agree that that video is ridiculous, but what you're saying is nonsense.