• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Short Good Fast Bowlers

Ted Sheppard

Cricket Spectator
There are many great short batsmen, but are there many great bowlers who are short. By short I mean less than 6 foot. Steyn is one but who else is there?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It you're talking 'good' as opposed to just 'great', add these to the list;

Shoaib Akhtar (5'11)
Danny Morrison (guessing 5'9)
Lasith Malinga, (5'7)
Chaminda Vaas (5'10)

Zinzan

Ntini was less than 6 feet?

I think Waqar and Shoaib were both 5ft 10 in
Pretty sure Waqar was always listed as exactly 6 foot (1.83 m), but was made to look relatively short next to 6'2 1/2 Wasim.

Looks about 2 - 2 1/2 inches difference between to two here;

Waqar-Younis-%u002526-Wasim-Akram.jpg

Zinzan

If you're talking getting it through at 150+, you can also add

Kemar Roach (5'8)
Tino Best (5'8)
Fidel Edwards (5'7)
Mohammad Sami (5'10)

GGG

State Captain
Danny Morrision, although it depends of your definition of good, 160 wickets at 35 isn't the greatest. But he was a pretty good ODI bowler 126 wickets at 27. Surely he is shorter than Malinga?

Burgey

Ryan Harris
Not sure if serious....

I think he's about 6'2".

How tall was Hadlee? Also, don't think Davo was that tall, or Fred Trueman.

Edit: Harris' CA profile lists him at 181 cm.

Which, some stats minded ****wit will now analyse to death as to whether this means he's "tall" or not, depending on some statistical mean.

Last edited:

Riggins

International Captain
Ran into him in a bakery once and he didn't seem very tall. Not short though either.

He's probably a short fast bowler I guess because most of them actually are tall, he doesn't have a big high release and bowls full swing and a bit skiddy.