• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AB de Villiers now the one and only "AB"

Debris

International 12th Man
I hope this puts to rest any notion that anyone but Allan Border can claim the title "AB". It has come to my attention that some poseurs have recently tried to self-title themselves "AB" in an effort to shamelessly steal this grandest of all nicknames but they have clearly been punished by the gods for this most heinous of all crimes. They shall remain cursed until they make a public show of repentance and undertake a pilgrimage to a shrine located somewhere in Mosman.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I realise that mileage varies significantly from person to person regarding the ICC ratings, but for those who put stock in such things ABDV has now reached the unique position of being the only player in history to hold a rating of over 900 in both Tests and ODIs at the same time.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Have always liked the test ratings. They are the same ones which were earlier the Coopers and Lybrand ratings which were done in the 90s and the ICC adopted it. It gives a fair idea about how a player is doing.

Aditi_Nair

Cricket Spectator
AB De Villiers is really a great player and what he has achieved in the cricket is UN-forgettable. He is a good player, all-rounder and wicket keeper. His presence on the ground is amazing for cricket fans.