• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AB de Villiers now the one and only "AB"

Antihippy

International Debutant
If we want to talk about which player wins the wife war it's Stuart binny, especially considering Stuart binny.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think Allan border was mostly revered for his batting. It's a part of it, but there's a whole bunch of other stuff which is what makes him so respected in Australia.
Nah, cannot agree with this at all. Look at the attacks he faced, especially when the Windies toured here every other year. Back then we used to play Brisbane then Perth as the first two tests and we'd be 2-0 down after a combined 4.5 days' cricket. He was the only decent player we had, and carried the team as much as one bloke could. This blow-in would be too busy doing his hair to bother with that sort of stuff.

Burgey

:D
I heard westindies a famous place for hurricane but history says Jan.18, 2015 biggest hurricane hit southafrica, century in 31 balls, 16 sixes, he Equal rohit Sharma 16 sixes (209) vs. Australia
I do not believed this match 3 batsman hit centuries.wow
439 for 2
World record is 443 for 7, so close, LANKA hold record.
Sigh. I love it when WCs roll around.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah, cannot agree with this at all. Look at the attacks he faced, especially when the Windies toured here every other year. Back then we used to play Brisbane then Perth as the first two tests and we'd be 2-0 down after a combined 4.5 days' cricket. He was the only decent player we had, and carried the team as much as one bloke could. This blow-in would be too busy doing his hair to bother with that sort of stuff.
Think its pretty clear AB doesn't care about his hair. He's balding ffs

Antihippy

International Debutant
That's kinda what I meant, though I didn't phrase it that will. Guess I meant that he was revered for the way he batted and captained through the circumstances he has to go through.

I think on pure ability de Villiers is probably much better, though I've only seen select footage of border.

Burgey

Oh there's a heap of blokes who've played international cricket with loads more ability/ talent than the Smiths Crisps AB. The bloke made 11,000 test runs with three shots - a cover drive, a cut shot and a pull shot. The vast majority of those blokes kept getting out though. It's kind of a moot point I suppose. Blow-in AB has overcome his downhill skiing start to his career to become an awesome player. When you combine that with his winning the Best Actor Oscar, seven Grammies and two Nobel Prizes (in Physics and Peace) in the one year, I'd say he's having a decent time of it.

Burgey

If you're King George I's son, and you assume the throne, you don't become King George I, you're King George II.

I think a lot of credit here has to go to Mr & Mrs de Villiers for naming their son Allan Border de Villiers.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Remember when Faf ran AB out in the World Cup quarter final vs NZ and the NZ players surrounded Faf like a pack of hyenas (including 12th man Mills), and AB returned back from walking to the pavilion to save Faf.

Honestly AB is the greatest bloke.
****ing Faf. Can't believe he denied AB the chance to end the choker tag. No amount of epic partnerships will ever atone for that unfortunately.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
If you're King George I's son, and you assume the throne, you don't become King George I, you're King George II.

I think a lot of credit here has to go to Mr & Mrs de Villiers for naming their son Allan Border de Villiers.
Good from you.