• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AB de Villiers now the one and only "AB"

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The real point is de Villiers cannot be considered in the same ball park as TOTAB. His obfuscation over playing tests merely proves this point.

Burgey

Yeah. Was a bit surprised at that. Warner stank it up in tests a lot last year. I'm surprised Haze wasn't closer tbh.

SeamUp

International Coach
Sachin Tendulkar on AB for In Conversation series done by Ali Bacher.

Says that he is the most dynamic cricketer. Ahead of his time. He has seen no one have more time to play the ball and because of his ability to create new shots/innovative he is one of the most loved batsman of the contemporary era.

Along those lines.

Zinzan

Sachin Tendulkar on AB for In Conversation series done by Ali Bacher.

Says that he is the most dynamic cricketer. Ahead of his time. He has seen no one have more time to play the ball and because of his ability to create new shots/innovative he is one of the most loved batsman of the contemporary era.

Along those lines.
Nice words, although Border started well before Sachin, so it's strange he doesn't refer to his batting in the past tense.

Daemon

You ****s keep this **** going still? Fmd where's de Villiers now? Hasn't been sighted. Why? "Injury". SMC. TOTAB played 153 consecutive tests including several with a broken thumb.

For those who *still* don't get it, check out the nickname thread for the definitive exposition of the etiquette surrounding this.

You ****s. You utter, utter ****s. I gave my son the initials AB because of Allan Border, not because of some flash blow-in Jaapie. Yet even I know that should Burgeinho ever enter the storied world of international cricket, he will not be known as AB, because the only true AB is Allan Border.

Upon TOTAB's passing (should he ever pass) we will reassess. Until then, he is AB. That's it. No more.
:laugh:

please tell me his favourite player is de Villiers

SeamUp

International Coach
Abraham Benjamin de Villiers to make it clear. :laugh:

Also said Flintoff was the toughest bowler he faced. Says he remembers his debut test series and world number 1 Harmison and Hoggard bowling well but felt comfortable against them but then Flintoff came into the attack and he felt so uncomfortable.

Always interesting to hear those views.

Bacher then said what about one of the scariest bowlers Mitchell Johnson. :laugh: He said he never really felt bothered by him and that is considering he was quite brutal to most around the world in his peak.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Abraham is what I'll be calling de Villiers from now on. Can't believe he doesn't go by that.