• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kilikiti (Samoan Cricket)

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
My friend, who is a Samoan in Aotearoa (New Zealand), told me that there is Samoan Cricket called Kilikiti.
My knowledge of Kilikiti is very limited; but there are 2 Wicket-Keepers on the both ends of the pitch. So my idea of 2 Wicket-Keepers is not ridiculous.
Are there such reformed versions of Crickets in other countries?

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
lol

Americans have this awful convoluted version of Cricket. I think they call it Baseball? Not sure. Awful sport tho.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There was a programme I saw about a year ago called Last Man Standing[/i] which was about getting athletes from various disciplines playing local sports in LDCs. In one of the episodes they play island cricket - quite interesting. I'll see if it's on the net anywhere.

I think the cricket they played was in Papua New Guinea - Trobriand Cricket. 50 or 60 players per side.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
lol

Americans have this awful convoluted version of Cricket. I think they call it Baseball? Not sure. Awful sport tho.
The origin of American Baseball is not Cricket; it's Rounders. Rounders has 2 codes--English and Irish. I do not know which one was the origin of American Baseball. I have never seen a Rounders game, either English or Irish.