• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

White captain of Yorkshire

Deja moo

International Captain
I find this post to be offensive and racist..

so what if yorkshire has a white captain? would a black captain have prompted this post?:P

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
orangepitch said:

so what if yorkshire has a white captain? would a black captain have prompted this post?:P
:P

I was wondering who'd say this first...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Apparently Dawson was in the frame, but they wanted him to concentrate on regaining his England spot, I presume that's so he doesn't have to play for them! :lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Almost as funny as Anthony McGrath having to give it up because of his commitments with the England ODI squad. ODIs take up very little of the summer cricket calender, lately he's sat on the sidelines and rarely played, and I doubt he will still be in the squad next year.

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Apparently Dawson was in the frame, but they wanted him to concentrate on regaining his England spot, I presume that's so he doesn't have to play for them! :lol:
I heard that and laughed alot, the guy didn't even get in the Yorkshire side for 90% of last season, yet he was suddenly good enough for captain :rolleyes: :lol:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Surprisingly, with the Windies tour to start and the Champions Trophy, ODI players could be available for as litle as 12 weeks or so!

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
orangepitch said:

I saw that and then realised

Craig

World Traveller
orangepitch said:

Yes.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Re: Re: White captain of Yorkshire

FRAZ said:
Craig you started this post . May be you were suspicious about a white man's abilities . They are human too I guess .
What is that supposed to mean? It's got nothing at all to do with race...

Craig

World Traveller
Re: Re: Re: White captain of Yorkshire

Neil Pickup said:
What is that supposed to mean? It's got nothing at all to do with race...
Or perhaps Craig White's surname is White? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

FRAZ

International Captain
Just kiddin yeh !!!! yo buddy dont make it personal . The name of the thread looks funny in the first sight ... So thats why just wrote a kiddish joke ....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some of the stuff on this thread really is hilarious!!!!!
Classic mistaken meaning!
On the true subject, I am pleased Chalky has won the leadership, I just hope he can still manage to regain his ability to bowl. Still, odd that Anthony McGrath gave it up for the stipulated reasons. Matthew Wood would also surely have been a contender.
Just a shame we've lost Goughie.:( :( :(

FRAZ

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Erm, actually no it doesn't look a bit funny.
White captain for WestIndian team .
White Captain for 14th ave Manhatten School Basketball team
Ok its not funny .These two sentences are gonna ding in your mind or not . This one is the same kind a sentence

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Since I would guess just about everyone on here knows that Craig White is a Yorkshire player, I guess that kind of defeats your "funny thread"