• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lee Retires

JBMAC

State Captain
Brett Lee has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket. He jas taken 718 International wickets and 1,030 overall wickets.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Is that with immediate effect including this seasons big bash?

Must say he looked extra grumpy last night........wonder whats up?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Is that with immediate effect including this seasons big bash?

Must say he looked extra grumpy last night........wonder whats up?
He did, he looked right pissed for some reason

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Always quite enjoyed Brett Lee. He was one of those bowlers who would always go for loads of runs, but usually pick up quite a few wickets and thus have no trouble keeping his place in the side. Dream oppo in many ways.

Noah

School Boy/Girl Captain
Always quite enjoyed Brett Lee. He was one of those bowlers who would always go for loads of runs, but usually pick up quite a few wickets and thus have no trouble keeping his place in the side. Dream oppo in many ways.
In Tests. He was a demon with the white ball.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
my favourite brett lee memory is of him repeatedly bouncing matthew hoggard on the final session of the fifth day of the oval test in the 2005 ashes when the series was all over bar the shouting.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Not a lot of fanfare for a bloke with 700+ international wickets who hit 160km plus and was still hitting 140 almost two decades into his career.

Us Kiwis are taught to hate Australians, especially ones with exuberant celebrations and send-offs like Lee. But I'm a massive fan. Pure heart and soul, hit a massive ball down the order, could field, true athlete. Maybe not a great, but a champion nonetheless

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
At the SCG he was fielding near a bunch of Indian giving him stick. He turned around and pointed his pinky finger at us (ie small ****s), one of my mates said "yeah you'd know for sure wouldn't you." Lee smiled and gave him a thumbs up.

Heh, cracks me up to this day.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
At the SCG he was fielding near a bunch of Indian giving him stick. He turned around and pointed his pinky finger at us (ie small ****s), one of my mates said "yeah you'd know for sure wouldn't you." Lee smiled and gave him a thumbs up.

Heh, cracks me up to this day.
Didn't need it, but he had it.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
IMO had a pretty poor career until he broke Shane Warne's hand which basically gave him ATG hero status.

cnerd123

likes this
Tbf Piers is more fun alive than dead. He's like the Blocky. We all love to hate him. Should get him doing more cricket gigs IMO.