• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lee Retires

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Given Blocky is basically a better bowler than Shane Bond, he should've been the one to bowl at Morgan.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bloke was box office. There were more effective bowlers, but few who'd make for more entertaining passages of play when bowling.

Arguably the best seamer in the world for a brief 18 month period after McGrath retired too.

Testament to his likeability that he sent down more beamers than any other bowler ever (fact) and we all still think he's a good bloke.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Always felt sorry for big brother Shane - must be bloody annoying to be denied a Test cap by baby bro

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Indian women saying, "He's so cute" when I brought him up have led to many a decent conversations. Thanks Brett.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Testament to his likeability that he sent down more beamers than any other bowler ever (fact) and we all still think he's a good bloke.
Except for Burgey. I don't think anybody who supports the Libs can be a good bloke in his book.

Oh and everybody who's had the displeasure of hearing him commentate.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Except for Burgey. I don't think anybody who supports the Libs can be a good bloke in his book.

Oh and everybody who's had the displeasure of hearing him commentate.
There's plenty worse commentators than Lee on 9 IMO. Yes he isn't a natural in the box, but he's not anywhere near as annoying as some.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Good bowler with a lovely action. Has been entertaining to watch and seems good value as a bloke too..

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I wish he didn't retire. Not only do I still enjoy watching him bowl, he is also an atrocious commentator.