• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Usman Ghani

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member

18 years of age (not sure whether this is dubious or not, couldn't care less). Astle-esque through the off side.

Notably displays CW uphill skier properties of being too good for K Mills and M McCleneghan, but failing spectacularly against Ish Sodhi and M Phelps. Although I'm sure those ridiculous proportions must make for an interesting change in angle of delivery, so perhaps we'll stick with cross-country skier for now (and Sodhi's a pretty useful LO bowler anyway).

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Mills says he's actually the right type of bowler to expose the alarming defensive weaknesses of Usman Ghani. He and Mitch just need to not be bowling as gently as they were in October, that's all.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Ghani would commit very early to an initial line, thrust at any outswing with the hands.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I did put two of his knocks up in full, for that Reddit guy who avidly follows the team. Stand by...

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yikes, just saw 6:33 in the second video. He's possibly going to hate the fact NZ pitches have quickened up by February.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Big swings and hard hands at Manuka Oval or Uni Oval won't necessarily hinder his scores, he should enjoy that.

Dawlat Zadran with the new ball is the main Afghan thing I'll make a point of tuning in for though. If you see a team 20/3 against Afghanistan, it's probably just Dawlat getting shape and enjoying the pace and carry. You'd place your online bet against Afg after Dawlat has finished his first spell.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I forgot McClenaghan and Mills had this chance to get some revenge on Usman, here it is -

Australian clay in Dubai, the fastest pitch Ghani would've encountered in his career to date.