• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup 2015 - Draft

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Can I make a suggestion that if an injured player is replaced in a squad, the person with the injured played automatically gets the replacement player?

Riggins

International Captain
I don't think there should be restrictions on the balance of the team, but I'm not in the comp so whatevs! :P

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I think restrictions are good because people might be able to "cheat" the point system by picking XI batsman, XI bowlers or whatever if they've discovered that particular type of player scores points more easily. I'd probably loosen them quite a bit though, only having two potential team balances is quite strict.

Riggins

International Captain
I think restrictions are good because people might be able to "cheat" the point system by picking XI batsman, XI bowlers or whatever if they've discovered that particular type of player scores points more easily. I'd probably loosen them quite a bit though, only having two potential team balances is quite strict.
I feel like picking players to do well based on the rules everyone already knows is kind of the point, and I'd rather see that rewarded. As a casual observer it's much more interesting to watch it unfold with creative strategy going into it rather than just picking down the line.

kingkallis

International Coach
Order for Round 1:

11 Saint Kopite
9 WalkingWicket
2 weldone
7 anil1405
1 KingKallis
6 longranger
4 Red Hill
5 Cabinet96
10 Zinzan
3 G.I.Joe
8 Jimbo the giant

Order for Round 2:

8 Jimbo the giant
3 G.I.Joe
10 Zinzan
5 Cabinet96
4 Red Hill
6 longranger
1 KingKallis
7 anil1405
2 weldone
9 WalkingWicket
11 Saint Kopite

anil1405

International Captain
Someone remind SK that there are no added benefits of picking a player in the last minute for this draft ;)

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
We will draw orders for 11 rounds. Upon your turn you have to pick a playr of your choice. Just make sure you do not break the rules. Build a team of 11 with given combinations and then let the work cup begin.

Your players will gain or lose points with their performance.
Forgive my ignorance, but I'm just clarifying. When it becomes my turn (after SaintKopite has selected) I can select any player, from any squad, who will play in the World Cup?

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
OK. Can't go far wrong with Virat Kohli. In excellent knick at the moment and will have plenty of game time. Kohli for me.

Does it now immediately become Weldone's turn?

kingkallis

International Coach
We will need to pick 5 players / day if we have to complete the first phase of the draft by 10th February.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Make the time between picks 6 hours. Still works just as well.