• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is NZ touring Australia later this year?

jonbrooks

International Debutant
A friend mentioned NZ is touring Oz later this year. I can't find anything about this on cricinfo. Anyone got any info on this? Thanks

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's in the future tours program but the dates and venues are yet to be finalized.

David White sounds very keen for it to feature as many Tests as possible (2 would probably be max) but with Australia being perhaps the worst of the big 3 when it comes to accommodating less profitable tours O can see CA attempting to scrap the Tests or make it a one-off Test.

brockley

International Captain
Not as far as my knowledge goes.Next season definitely but after the West Indies.Some how the Windies rate higher than NZ,which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.The Chappell Hadlee trophy died a death.Anyway April is IPL,and thats Australias' 6 weeks off and then they tour the West Indies.I think we play a World cup game either here or in NZ.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, it'll be a 2 Test series minimum -- they're trialling the Day/Night Test idea in Adelaide in November, so I suspect that Cricket Aus would be keen to keep a second, traditional one in case it backfires badly.

Binkley

U19 Captain
There was an article in today's paper about one of the matches in Australia being a day/night test match using a pink ball. The current FTP lists 3 tests in Australia in November, followed by a 3 test series in New Zealand in February 2016.

EDIT: Drats, beaten to the day/night news by Dan.

Flem274*

123/5
They'll give us at least two tests so if nothing else they have two bites at nicking back their home turf from the cheeky 1-1 draw in 2011.

brockley

International Captain
Yeh its 3 tests,hopefully they play at Manuka rather than Belrieve,no one will turn up unless its a Big Bash game.

I do remember some April NZ tour meant to be happening,but with our 6 weeks off and IPL i am sure it would've bit hit on the head.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
The good thing about a day night test, is it will force NZC and CA to ensure NZ have some good warm up games.

Good warm ups make for much better series by the visitors.

The bad thing is they'll definitely try to get all 15 players playing in that day night warm up match.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
My suspicion is that given how much stronger WI are at T20's as opposed to tests, the WI series will be truncated to two tests (boxing day and new years) and a T20 series. On this basis, I suspect that the NZ series will be kept at three, though this is all based on the assumption that next season's fixtures will be based on the current FTP, which they may well not be. All we can say for certain at this stage is that there will be a test series between NZ and Aus next year and that one of the tests will be a day-nighter.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My suspicion is that given how much stronger WI are at T20's as opposed to tests, the WI series will be truncated to two tests (boxing day and new years) and a T20 series. On this basis, I suspect that the NZ series will be kept at three, though this is all based on the assumption that next season's fixtures will be based on the current FTP, which they may well not be. All we can say for certain at this stage is that there will be a test series between NZ and Aus next year and that one of the tests will be a day-nighter.
I'm still quietly holding on to about 0.00001% of hope that the powers at be at NZC somehow convince Cricket Australia to allow us to steal that damn Boxing day test off the Windies. :p

I mean c'mon, we'd not only provide as good if not a better challenge on the park, but I wouldn't have thought the Windies would create that much more in TV hosting rights than us would they? And wouldn't the boxing day crowds at the 'G' be even better with the prospect of a trans tasman match-up?

I say this mainly with tongue in cheek of course only because I'm so jealous of the Windies getting that Melbourne test. We haven't had a boxing day test there since that absolute epic draw in 1987, and this will be about the best side we're likely to send since then.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
West Indies tour of Australia?

Almost time for Americans to get upset at KFC advertising again.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ/WI is AFAIK a 3-3 split. Though obviously this could change.....probably not likely given this is Australia, but you never know.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
With the WACA's future up in the air, it could well be that NZ get the Gabba and Adelaide (D/N), Windies get the MCG and SCG, and Cricket Australia flip a coin to decide who gets Hobart (or Canberra, no idea what developments are happening on that front).

A Hobart rematch of 2011 would be such a delicious prospect. They certainly wouldn't be rolling out a greentop after last time :D

As a NZ supporter I'm actually more concerned about whether the return series in early 2016 will fit three tests in as planned, coming as close as it does to the IPL. A full series in conditions where the gap between the sides is narrowed (or, where Australia's strengths aren't as much of an obvious advantage) would be terrific.

Marius

International Debutant
With the WACA's future up in the air, it could well be that NZ get the Gabba and Adelaide (D/N), Windies get the MCG and SCG, and Cricket Australia flip a coin to decide who gets Hobart (or Canberra, no idea what developments are happening on that front).

A Hobart rematch of 2011 would be such a delicious prospect. They certainly wouldn't be rolling out a greentop after last time :D

As a NZ supporter I'm actually more concerned about whether the return series in early 2016 will fit three tests in as planned, coming as close as it does to the IPL. A full series in conditions where the gap between the sides is narrowed (or, where Australia's strengths aren't as much of an obvious advantage) would be terrific.
Why is the WACA's future up in the air?

Are there doubts about its future as an international venue for cricket?