• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is NZ touring Australia later this year?

dermo

International Vice-Captain
I am very bullish about this series; it has the potential to be a ripper

Anyway, it's NZ not Australia who don't want MCG Boxing Day Test - they, like South Africa, now want to establish their own Boxing Day tradition and refuse to tour here over the Christmas period.

As to the makeup of the Series, I heard the NZ cricket chief say that there will be six Tests against Australia (three here and three over the dutch)

FOllowing the Sheffield Shield trials, Adelaide is no longer the preferred venue for the day-night Test - rather Brisbane has emerged as the frontrunner along with Perth/Hobart (I can't remember which)

As for the other touring team out here next Summer, Cricket Australia director Mark Taylor was asked about this on Channel Nine and said it would 'likely be the Windies, but it is yet to be confirmed'

I think it may depend on their competitiveness in the two Test series we play over there in June. If that's a debacle, I suspect Pakistan may be drafted if available
when did this happen? you can definitely rule out perth, pretty sure when ca said they wanted a greater tv audience they werent thinking about having games finish at 1am in the eastern states

howardj

International Coach
when did this happen? you can definitely rule out perth, pretty sure when ca said they wanted a greater tv audience they werent thinking about having games finish at 1am in the eastern states
I am going solely off what Ian Healy said in commentary

Risk laden, I know