• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No overseas cricket tours by India during October-January?

dogwalker

U19 Captain
Well, the two leading SA spinners at the moment are Piedt and Harmer. They both had good debuts but against mediocre teams. But will SA play two offies? I can see us playing two spinners, but two offies?

I doubt Tahir will get another Test match, and Peterson is also starting to get a bit long in the tooth. The next guys in line are Eddie Leie (leggie from the Lions) and George Linde (SLA from the Cobras) I reckon.

The selectors may go for a left-field pick, like Roelof van der Merwe or Shaun von Berg (both from the Titans).

EDIT: Just had a look at Van der Merwe's recent games, and it seems that his bowling's fallen away a bit.
I don't think SA would play two spinners plus Duminy.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
There used to be a Boxing Day test at Eden Gardens every year. BCCI has just cared about money and not traditions or cricket though. Nothing they do can surprise me.
Yeah. Kolkata used to host the Boxing Day Test and Chennai had the Pongal Test in Jan. The Pongal Test makes more sense than handing Chennai the November Test in the rainy season.

Marius

International Debutant
Yeah. Kolkata used to host the Boxing Day Test and Chennai had the Pongal Test in Jan. The Pongal Test makes more sense than handing Chennai the November Test in the rainy season.
Weren't there even a couple of Tests that were played over Christmas, including Christmas Day?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The Indian board's concern also stems from a form of hypocrisy shown by other boards over touring patterns. "Why does England tour Australia and South Africa and play on Boxing Day but when they are in India, they have to break the tour and go back home for Christmas?" he says.

Classic Ravi Shastri.

If the Indians want to go home for Christmas or Diwali or Eid noone is stopping them from negotiating that into their tour schedules.