• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest Opening Pair

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Hmm....

Sutcliffe avge 32.03
Hobbs avge 29.13

It might also help if Hobbs actually opened occasionally :P.

Pakistan... Anwar (avge 39.86) and Umar (avge 31.22) with partnerships of 274 and 221*.

New Zealand... Dempster (43.88) and Richardson (26.16) with partnerships of 265*, 145, 134 and 118.
Not wishing to change the subject, but may I remind you who is top? ;)

PY

International Coach
I never got to see Haynes and Greenidge playing together a lot but they played 89 matches together. :O

Maybe a reason why they are always quoted as being 'the greatest', because they became the definition of consistency over a huge period.

Because their record in itself is far from brilliant.

These are just remarks based on those figures as I didn't get to see them a great deal. :(

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
halsey said:
I was under the impression that this was an all time league, not a "1980 - Present" League. :)
There are so many reasons why there are so many factors that skew your muppets' averages...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil Pickup said:
There are so many reasons why there are so many factors that skew your muppets' averages...
Ah the 'statistical muppet'... I should have patented the term whilst I had the chance.