• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India and England in Australia ODI Tri-Series 2015

Niall

International Coach
Because they're Pakistan. They can lose to Zimbabwe at this World Cup, and they can win it. At the end of the day they only need to really win 3 games in a row.
True, but surely the lack of world class talent and the amount of unproven players is a problem along with how poor they have been over the last 2 years? Not slagging you as you are a quality poster, but do you think you and others are over reacting to their test form a format they have been quite strong for a few years?

Niall

International Coach
Because they're Pakistan. They can lose to Zimbabwe at this World Cup, and they can win it. At the end of the day they only need to really win 3 games in a row.
how many Pakistan players would get into the Indian or Aussiee team? Lets assume Hafeez is banned btw.

Antihippy

International Debutant
South Africa lost to us pretty comprehensively not too long ago. Their batting barring the big 3 of faf, amla and de villiers didn't do too hot either.

NZ I can see, but as always pakistan is too unpredictable.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This is a weird post hendrix.

Obviously if Warner has said "speak English" to Rohit in order to mock his accent then that's not on and he should cop some sort of punishment for that. I don't know why people are jumping to that conclusion though.

It seems far more likely to me that Rohit has decided to say something in another language to Warner as part of the spat (deliberately, so Warner couldn't understand) and Warner has felt that was cowardly and told him to speak English. If so, it's not racist, stupid or intolerant at all; it's just the standard crap we've seen all tour.

But are we sure Rohit spoke to him in Hindi or was it just him getting in when Raina and Rohit were talking? I would not put it past someone like Warner to get into something like that... The fact that Warner was fined and Rohit was not shows the fault lies fully with Warner here.. Whether he meant it in a racist context or otherwise, it was still a comment deserving the fine.. And Warner in his own interview has said that Rohit repeated what he said in English.. So I am not sure where PEWS and Furball are getting their opinion that Rohit deliberately said something to him in Hindi.. I feel it is a lot more probable that Rohit was ignoring the Aussies and saying something to Raina about what was going on and Warner just got involved.. And seeing it live, that is exactly the feeling I got.. Coz we can clearly see Rohit not talking to Warner at first and then Warner says something and then Rohit goes back towards him...

Pretty stupid of Furball and PEWS to bring up the cowardice angle here and totally needless, IMO..

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But are we sure Rohit spoke to him in Hindi or was it just him getting in when Raina and Rohit were talking? I would not put it past someone like Warner to get into something like that... The fact that Warner was fined and Rohit was not shows the fault lies fully with Warner here.. Whether he meant it in a racist context or otherwise, it was still a comment deserving the fine.. And Warner in his own interview has said that Rohit repeated what he said in English.. So I am not sure where PEWS and Furball are getting their opinion that Rohit deliberately said something to him in Hindi.. I feel it is a lot more probable that Rohit was ignoring the Aussies and saying something to Raina about what was going on and Warner just got involved.. And seeing it live, that is exactly the feeling I got.. Coz we can clearly see Rohit not talking to Warner at first and then Warner says something and then Rohit goes back towards him...

Pretty stupid of Furball and PEWS to bring up the cowardice angle here and totally needless, IMO..
I don't know that people are saying he was being spoken to in Hindi, they're making a point which is relevant if he was spoken to in Hindi.

None of which really devalues the overarching point that Warner is a shunt.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Oh absolutely. And it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Rohit said every word in English, and Warner then said "Speak English". Frankly, nothing would surprise me with him.

But it's delusion to think that there's not sledging done deliberately in the "local" language on the field, maybe with a few choice English words thrown in here and there,
This is all so bogus. If you've ever played against teams that speak other languages you know 90 percent of the time is spent talking in the language the other team wont understand.
What if Sharma was insulting him in (I would assume) Hindi?
Since we all agree that there's a really high probability that Rohit was saying something in Hindi, you also have to agree Harbhajan did indeed say "Teri Maaki" and not hairy monkey.

#CanOfWorms but true.

Burgey

Since we all agree that there's a really high probability that Rohit was saying something in Hindi, you also have to agree Harbhajan did indeed say "Teri Maaki" and not hairy monkey.

#CanOfWorms but true.
This is some classic Cevnoing right here.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Your mental space is half of your "cricketing skills" anyway.

Define "mental spacce"... If I am Raina and I know I struggle against short pitched bowling and am thinking it will come all the time when I go into bat, and then I have to deal with full balls outside off even though the fielding captain just moved the square leg back.. That is the "mental space" cricket is supposed to test.. This whole idea of sledging and this imaginary line that every Aussie sprouts even though the whole world knows it is BS and that they never actually stay inside it is not the way cricket was taught here... And I am not sure why it should be considered an "acceptable" part of the game at all, tbh....

I understand that today every team does this but that doesn't make it any more acceptable to me...

dermo

International Vice-Captain
people saying the coach/captain need to tell warner to pull his head in really dont understand how boof culture works

anil1405

International Captain
My assumption would also be that Rohit was speaking in hindi hence the 'Speak english' comment from Warner which is absolutely fair and no hint of racism in it imo. Am actually surprised that racism factor is being discussed so much here.

However Warner is starting to look more than just silly for continuing to have a go at opposition players and later admitting in press conference that he probably shouldn't have done that. You either do it and don't feel apologetic about it or stop doing it. Sitting on the fence repeatedly is making him look a clown.

JBMAC

State Captain

Think this is getting out of hand here at the moment. None of us were there and too many assumptions are being made. I feel time this part of good posting should be put to bed.