• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India and England in Australia ODI Tri-Series 2015

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Not sure if trolling? I understand english may be a second language though, so in this context:

"recent" = last 2 years
"lost it" = last month
Well thanks, didn't really have an idea of White's current form either so what you said felt like a contradiction.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Bhuvi, Ishant and Shammi isn't actually that bad a bowling attack, we're gonna miss Jadeja big time for his all round skills but hopefully Akshar patel can fill in for us. The thing I'm worried the most about is our #4, seriously we're gonna give Rayudu an extended run at that position in a WC?
I think Kohli should bat at 4 with Rahane at 3.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Normally I'd be tempted to say that you shouldn't move him from where he's been doing the business but in this case I think you're right.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Kohli should bat at 4 with Rahane at 3.
I really don't want Kohli to be moved to #4, he's been incredible @ 3 and I want our best bat to be in as early as possible. Personally I would open with Rahane and bat Rohit at 4, removing Rayudu from the equation altogether.

anil1405

International Captain
Kohli should bat at 3. Dhawan, Rohit and Rahane as the top 3 would be a bit of self-destruction.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Dhawan really needs to start scoring again otherwise we are going to have Rahane and Rohit opening which might actually be our best combination.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
What is Rahanae's ability to score 360 degrees like? Is he the sort who can play good dab shots and scoops etc? You can get away with not being the smallest batting low down if you can hit it in funky areas.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
What is Rahanae's ability to score 360 degrees like? Is he the sort who can play good dab shots and scoops etc? You can get away with not being the smallest batting low down if you can hit it in funky areas.
He does have the shots but I feel he is better at opening, Rahane is at his best when he is not forced to score, its kind of hard to explain but unless he's in the first 10-15 overs in an ODI he's not gonna be that productive. He had one full series in NZ in the middle order and he did terribly. I think Rahane is at his best opening in limited overs cricket.

Rohit @ 4 is also not the worst move, the guy was our premier #4 way back in 2008 when I thought this guy is going to score a ton of runs for us, but Rohit ended up being the biggest disappointment in limited overs cricket in a long time.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Ha, I'm sure Rohit could do fine but they'd never move him in a million years after two doubles opening. With Rahane I just can't help but think of Root, who also isn't thought of as a big hitter and fast scorer but in ODI's has done better the lower down he's batted.

ajdude

International Coach
flat pitch so bell will probably make a ton off like 115 balls and England will get about 6/279

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Haha Ali trying these ****y shots and the commentator talking about his 'bushy beard'. Lol Moeen's bat flies high into the air.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Is Catherine McGregor a tranny?

Deeper voice than Jim Maxwell.