• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How long does the "Pink Test" have to last?

Howe_zat

Audio File
It annoys me when rubbish products are considered exempt from criticism because it's 'for charity', because that leaves creators with no motive to put in any real effort into them, to the detriment of the product and so to the charity itself. Comic Relief in the UK really suffers from this, as do almost all charity singles.

Luckily in this case the pink test is actually pretty great and well put together. Just think how bad it could be if you had to applaud Peter Kay singing every year.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It's fun. It raises money for a good cause. It brings more people to the game. It appeals to women.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
If I was to write a headline for this thread, it'd be along the lines of:
"One In The Pink is One In The Stink - Monk".

adub

International Captain
Whilst I don't agree with the Monk on the Red Hill, I don't get that excited about the 'Pink' aspects of the game. (didn't even donate any coin this year cheap bastard that I am) Happy enough to let it all pass me by and just focus on the game. But plenty more people get right into it. It adds a little extra to the Sydney Test. Of course the Sydney Test is the greatest annual sporting event in the history of blokes running around chasing a ball, so it doesn't 'need' any 'extra' but still the whole McGrath thing does add extra 'eventiness'.

However I was wondering for how much longer can this Pink test thing go on for? I'm sure it's still got plenty of legs, but will it last for as long as Sydney holds a test match each year? When Pidge is old and can't be brought in from the nursing home will we still have Jane McGrath day? It's going to be interesting to see just how resillient the concept is, and what if anything will eventually kill it off.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
The year they cancel it for the first time will be so awkward.

"CA doesn't care for breast cancer anymore!!"

Does CA have an exit plan?

You know how you pretend to be a marine biologist, as you often do, just to impress this girl, and then you have to keep up the pretense to avoid looking like a heel?

At what point do CA pull out the golf ball and walk into the sunset?

TNT

Banned
Whilst I don't agree with the Monk on the Red Hill, I don't get that excited about the 'Pink' aspects of the game. (didn't even donate any coin this year cheap bastard that I am) Happy enough to let it all pass me by and just focus on the game. But plenty more people get right into it. It adds a little extra to the Sydney Test. Of course the Sydney Test is the greatest annual sporting event in the history of blokes running around chasing a ball, so it doesn't 'need' any 'extra' but still the whole McGrath thing does add extra 'eventiness'.

However I was wondering for how much longer can this Pink test thing go on for? I'm sure it's still got plenty of legs, but will it last for as long as Sydney holds a test match each year? When Pidge is old and can't be brought in from the nursing home will we still have Jane McGrath day? It's going to be interesting to see just how resillient the concept is, and what if anything will eventually kill it off.
Well if some scientist cures breast cancer then it would be a good time to shelve the pink test. But on a serious note the pink test does have the extra marketing element that promotes cricket, cricket benefits from the arrangement as much as the McGrath foundation.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Do they still call it Jane Mcgrath day all the time? I cant remember. Should probably start to fade that out atleast.

Kirkut

International Regular
I understand man, the theme is annoyingly feminine. Used to love watching SCG tests, favourite ground for Indian bats, now avoid it completely.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I understand man, the theme is annoyingly feminine. Used to love watching SCG tests, favourite ground for Indian bats, now avoid it completely.
I am going to hand cuff you to a chair and pry your eye lids open like clockwork orange and make you watch 200 hours of feminine hygiene commercials back to back.

Kirkut

International Regular
I am going to hand cuff you to a chair and pry your eye lids open like clockwork orange and make you watch 200 hours of feminine hygiene commercials back to back.
Would mind it, unless the commercials are mute and there are enough eye candies in it.

Last edited: