• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bond to leave Black Caps

cnerd123

likes this
Bond would be so fantastic with India.

Alls left is to tell Fletcher to **** off a get Dravid in as coach.

Kohli - Dravid - Bond leadership with a core of Pujara, Rahane, Vijay, Ashwin, Bhuvi and...ummm...Ishant Sharma.

Actually probably not as appealing as it first seemed.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I honestly don't think he'll want India. That'll guarantee 10+ months in foreign countries, and whilst I'm not aware of his childrens' ages - it'll certainly either involve uprooting them or leaving them behind.

With the IPL, he's away 2 (three?) months, and home the rest of the time. He can work at Lincoln in his spare time, commentate, whatever.

It's just not a long-term mission for family men, this international coaching gig. Hesson won't go on forever, either.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I honestly don't think he'll want India. That'll guarantee 10+ months in foreign countries, and whilst I'm not aware of his childrens' ages - it'll certainly either involve uprooting them or leaving them behind.

With the IPL, he's away 2 (three?) months, and home the rest of the time. He can work at Lincoln in his spare time, commentate, whatever.

It's just not a long-term mission for family men, this international coaching gig. Hesson won't go on forever, either.
I wonder if he'll return to CD as bowling coach.

Flem274*

123/5
He'll probably make enough in three months to chase whatever he likes imo. Could do wonders being a cheap as chips coach working out of his backyard in Christchurch.

Niall

International Coach

yeah the Indian job would be a pain, but the BCCI have more than enough money to make it worthwhile. I'd reckon he could set himself up for life with a gig from them.

BCCI would be crazy not to try and tempt him.

Flem274*

123/5
Bond might want a job after his Indian national team stint though, and who wants to ruin their career for a lost cause?

Niall

International Coach
If David Moyes get a job after what he done last season at Man United, then I struggle to see why Bond should be worried,:laugh:

How bad would he have to do not to be able to get a job again though? Worst case scenario, surely a NZ domestic team would take a chance on him?

cnerd123

likes this
I'm sure the BCCI would pay him well enough to ensure he won't have to work again anyways.

And no one will hold India's bowling performances against Bond. We all know it's a lost cause. If anything there is nothing to lose. They either stay crap, or get better. They can't possibly get any worse. Can they? God I hope not.