• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best(current) commentators

test cricketer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Cricket is a great game, but add good commentary and it becomes something pretty special, in some cases the commentary can be an event on its own and can be better than the cricket itself. My favourite commentators are the english ones, especially bumble i also enjoy listening to the newzealand commentators, i also like mikey holding, russel arnold, kepler wessels and johnson(the zimbabwean allrounder). I dislike the aussie commentators and the south african ones are also kind of annoying, although hd ackerman isnt to bad

Blocky

Banned
I enjoy Bumble, Gower, Hussain and Botham.
I enjoy Warne when he's not in the Ch 9 Box.
I think Richardson can be a very good commentator, but goes towards being silly a little too often.

The rest, utter ****.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jeremy Coney is still the best out there. Shame he commentates so rarely these days.

I have enjoyed Russel Arnold in the current Test match.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Brett Lee, never a moment where he doesn't say something unbelievably useful.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Yeah, really enjoy their work for the most part, though Mark Waugh can be a bit cringey at times
It's the shirt I reckon.

Nass still for my money one of the best regular commentators around, can't really think of any better for those that I hear regularly.

watson

Banned
I like listening to James Brayshaw at the minute because he seems to realise that less is more.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In order:

Nasser
Atherton
Bishop
Lawry (I don't care how "good" he actually is, his enthusiasm is infectious)
Ponting
Dravid
Ganguly (Though he's prone to occasional stupidity)

nevermind

U19 Debutant
Love the big bash - just fantastic, apart from delay in qld. Bumble said he's on comms in a big bash game coming up.

Nass & athers my fav in tests, reckon punter would be good for tests too.