• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jonbrooks chucking Megathread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sorry indictment on the game is right

Applaud Ashwin's honesty but is very sad to hear an international bowler say what he did

Riggins

International Captain
did he even wear long sleeves in the game last night? from the few highlights i saw i didn't think he did. hope it's a public 'stunt' because he wants the throwing culture to be removed rather than just wanting to throw.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, I reckon its the former. I think this is a planned attack on Narine and Ajmal because he feels they are getting a leg up over him. You'd imagine he'd not be this open about it if he just wanted to be able to throw. He'd just do it with long sleeves like they do.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Crowe's thoughts on this are terrible.
"I don't have a problem with the offspinner's action being up to 15 degrees straightening, but I do have a problem with the doosra being up to that level".
Why? I suppose he also has a problem with the carrom ball? for no other reason that it's difficult for batsmen?

Cullinan seemed far more reasonable.

Also, I'm unsure what's questionable about Narine's action.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
"I don't have a problem with the offspinner's action being up to 15 degrees straightening, but I do have a problem with the doosra being up to that level"
Like saying I don;t have a problem when a killer kills a man and gets a 15 year sentence, but I do have a problem if a killer of a woman being sentenced up to that level.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
it's like saying you're ok with James Anderson bowling inswing but not outswing.
It's a stupid comment.

If you can do two things within the same parameters then it doesn't make sense to condemn one of them; if you want to do that then change the actual parameters so that only one of them is possible. The reason the doosra was allowed was because Murali had proven (time and time again) that he could bowl it within the parameters that other bowlers were bowling conventional deliveries.

Most people can't do that. Hell, Shane Shillingford can't even bowl an off spinner within the laws.

The problem, and indeed the only problem with the current laws is that they don't allow for in-game testing.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Are you serious? He's a pitcher.

Nothing beats that Sri Lankan chap that played the other night however.
Senanayake bowls with a bent elbow. Tested twice and found to have very little straightening. He might extend it more when he is tired, but every bowler does that and the cleanness of the action is not a factor. To his credit he gave away the big off break which was found to be borderline all together. That is why he looks like a bowler who spins it a little. Spun it half a yard sometimes in the past.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Wow, he's throwing that cricket ball. And that personality too. At least Murali wasn't a douche to go along with the blatant law flouting.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I reckon its the former. I think this is a planned attack on Narine and Ajmal because he feels they are getting a leg up over him. You'd imagine he'd not be this open about it if he just wanted to be able to throw. He'd just do it with long sleeves like they do.
Very much awta

There's no way he mentions it, if it was something he planned on doing on a regular basis. Worlds least devious man if he is though

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Yet another player reported for chucking

Sachithra Senanayake. I see he was "cleared" a few years ago but has been cited once more.

No doubt he'll be tested in a lab, like many before him, and be cleared to play again.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Sachithra Senanayake. I see he was "cleared" a few years ago but has been cited once more.

No doubt he'll be tested in a lab, like many before him, and be cleared to play again.
Note that Shane Shillingford has been tested in a lab and failed. So the testing is capable of catching checkers.

Unfortunately, he's undergone "remedial" work, has been tested again, and is cleared to play.